UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Phantom Frights Starry Nights

Friday, October 21, 2011

Phantom Frights Starry Nights

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/21/2011 06:45:00 PM
Can you tell I had a fun time playing with this mani?

This is a polish by Nail Deco and it is called 'Phantom Frights.' I have had this for an undetermined amount of time. I, sometimes, will use the time line of my marriage to figure out how long I have held on to something. Did I get it before or after marriage? Since we will be celebrating our 9th anniversary on 11/1, and it is before then, that's a long time to have nail polish.

This polish is in a clear base with iridescent, micro and quarter moon glitter. There are black stars floating in there as well.

It wasn't clear in my head what would be the best base polish to use to truly highlight 'Phantom Frights.' Since I was probably only going to use this polish just one time this holiday for it, I wanted to make is special.

I'm too fickle to land on just one...

I gathered polishes that I thought would play well with 'Phantom Frights.' So, this is what I got:
Thumb-Cosmetic Arts unnamed Turquoise; Index-Ulta 'Not From Concentrate'; Middle-Urban Outfitters-'Ashtray'; Ring-Color Club random bright green; Pinky-Finger Paints-'To-Teally Chic'.

I played A LOT...

Thumb-Cosmetic Arts unnamed Turquoise;Cosmetic Arts unnamed Baby Blue; Ring-Ulta's 'Something Blue'-Pinky-Sally Hansen's Complete Manicure-'Dive Deeper'.

I did my thumbs both with Cosmetic Arts Turquoise because that is the base shade I liked best.

All base coats, as well as glitter polish, are 2 coats. I didn't put on a top coat as I knew I was only going to have it on a couple of days. And yes, that glitter was a pain to remove. But I got a couple of comments from strangers that they thought it looked fun. These two people were quite amused when I explained the concept of manicure 'Skittles.'

Which one do you like best?

7 comments:

EVERYTHINGSDIAMOND on October 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM said...

I love skittles, then when you add nail art. BAM!! I like to refer to skittles as expressive art! Love yours

Destany on October 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM said...

LOVE the stars!

Anonymous said...

I love shades like this. The ones who make a lot of stuff like this now is Klean Colors and maybe Love My Nails.

Nicole on October 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM said...

This is so freaking perfect - moons AND stars in one glittery top coat? WIN!

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 22, 2011 at 8:00 AM said...

@EverythingsDiamond I like the expressive art reference. I agree with you. Glad you like. :)

@destany Celestial is gorgeous anytime in my book.

@kittypolishnbags Oh, doll, I have plenty of those for that reason. Yes, indeedy. :D

@Nicole Should we wear this mani with our shirts? *cackling laughter* xo

Makeup and Mutts on October 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM said...

I love it! Very fun

Anonymous said...

That polish is very fun!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates