UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Trick Or Treat, Smell My Feet, I Found A Polish That Can't Be Beat

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Trick Or Treat, Smell My Feet, I Found A Polish That Can't Be Beat

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/15/2011 08:14:00 PM
If you are scurrying around, trying to get a lot done and the Internet gets wonky, doesn't that just piss ya off?! OK, I guess I need to get into some sort of anger management computer class or, net rage control intervention.

But, this pumpkin soothes my nerves...

I was in St. Petersburg, Florida last weekend for my sister's wedding. I checked G's (Nouveau Cheap) virtual tracking map for Wet 'n Wild's On the Prowl collection. I actually saw 2 spottings marked for the Gulf Coast!

My hubs has got it through his head that yes, we will stop by several Walgreens, when we are out. And I was damn sure we would on our way to the Gulf.

I've given up on the On the Prowl collection. But I did find these...
I have seen and know about Del Sol polishes, however, this is the first one I have ever purchased. I think I've avoided buying any Del Sol because I'm not what you call an 'outside' girl.

I didn't think 'Trick or Treat' was going to fair well all by itself (notice middle finger). And I got out my trusty black creme and went to town. I used Wet 'n Wild's 'Black Out.' I have 2 coats of 'Black Out' and used 2 coats of 'Trick Or Treat.' I didn't do a top coat as I figured it would not work with sunlight-changing polishes.

I wasn't paying any attention and thought this was going to be a just OK polish. No! This is way better than a just OK!
 There is iridescent glitter in this! And the orange glitter plays off the iridescent and creates fireworks. Good grief, I can't get over the look.

Remember, I just stated that I'm not the outdoorsy type, right? I guess I wasn't outdoors enough when I was photographing these shots because 'Trick or Treat' was not changing. Hmmm...what that the trick? Then I got a bright idea (whoo hoo...bright idea is gonna be a pun, hold on). I thought I'd use my UV light box. Word!


And here is the bottle itself. You can actually see the line where the bottle was out of the light spectrum.
 I'm pretty gaga over this polish. It was hard for me to move on to swatch another one.


Have you seen 'Trick or Treat'? How do you like Del Sol polish? Are you hoping to find a Winter Holiday Del Sol polish, like I am?

9 comments:

Lisa on October 15, 2011 at 8:41 PM said...

My Del Sol works the same with or without TC. I love this!

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on October 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM said...

This is drop dead gorgeous! I've never ever seen any Del Sol polishes. I think they're only distributed in the south :( Us northern gals like the sun and polish too.

EVERYTHINGSDIAMOND on October 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM said...

WoW love it, it so pretty! what happens when it changes?

Linda on October 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM said...

I cannot believe you find a whole display of Trick or Treat!! I'm sooo freaking jealous!! I love the way it looks over black.

Shopping Addict on October 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM said...

I totally envy your luck finding a Del Sol at Walgreens, I'd love that.

And I'm with you with the net rage intervention, I get the overwhelming urge to punch my screen.

I also love your "I hit the bottle every day." so much.

Anonymous said...

I have never used this brand before! It looks SO great! I gave up on the OTP collection too! haha! I never found it.

Unknown on October 16, 2011 at 12:34 AM said...

oh this is a super nice combo, they did very well on this one! good score on this find!

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM said...

@Lisa Ahh, good to know!

@Mimi You'd rock this polish too. I think it is mostly in the Southern states. Rats!

@EverythingsDiamond I show a couple of photos of what it looks like in the sunlight, but I used my light box because I wasn't outside long enough.

@hklinda I was bug-eyed too. I have never seen Del Sol in Walgreens before.

@Shopping Addict Ah, kindred spirits, we are! :)

@imfeelingnail-venturous I doubt that OTP will show up just 2 weeks before Halloween. Bummer. I'm moving on the the Ice collection.

@Manicure Addict I felt privileged to have scored this one. :) And I had to go clear to the Tampa Bay area to find it!

Hook Prism Power on October 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM said...

I just got Trick or Treat. I slapped on Three coats of that baby on and was good to go. In sunlight it was picth inky black with holo sparkles.. I could not stop drooling!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates