UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Toss or Trash: March 2012 Part 1

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Toss or Trash: March 2012 Part 1

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 4/07/2012 08:19:00 PM
When I type my post, the font seems larger than when I actually publish it. So, I'm going to test out using the next size up. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

It is actually fun seeing how many beauty products I use up and how many I'm OK with letting go. In fact, it is getting me to look for opportunities to toss or trash.

So that I don't write a huge book (just a small one!), I'm going to break this segment down into parts like I did for February. At this rate, I may have to toss out tossed stuff to keep it down to an interesting level. I don't know if I'd follow a blog that just talked about the crap someone was throwing away. :)

I'm going to start off with the hair products...
 
At the end of 2010, CVS had a huge clearance on Pantene. I mean HUGE! I stocked up on it like I was at Costco. I'm very fickle about shampoos and conditioners. Loyal only for as long as it takes to finish the product. And, I use several different ones at the same time...
 Back row: Pantene Repair and Protect Shampoo; Pantene Fragile to Strong Conditioner; Pantene Beautiful Lengths Conditioner. Front row: L'Oreal's EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment; Creme of Nature's Argan Oil: Gloss and Shine Polisher; Amika Oil Treatment; Beyond The Zone's The Scruncher.


All of these are trash except for The Scruncher. I'm done with crispy, scrunched hair. No sense in hanging on to this. 


The Pantene collection is just about 1/3 of what I purchased during the clearance. Pantene was redoing their packaging and they were clearing out the old. Pantene is a decent haircare line. I like it. However, I don't see or feel a difference between the different formulas. 


The two oils were very different. Creme of Nature is truly a polisher and not a product that added moisture. But Amika, which I got from my Birchbox, was rather nice. It had a great fragrance and my hair did feel softer while using it. However, it's not my Macadamia Oil! That is my oil treatment standard.


The winner of the lot is the L'Oreal Overnight Repair Treatment. I actually got a small sample of this somewhere and loved it so much I did buy it. I'm on my second one now.


First, I love the fragrance of this...OMG! It's a creme rather than a serum or lotion. It makes my hair feel soft and, of course, smell awesome. It isn't oily but do remember, I color my hair and it is dry. One caveat, when I purchased a replacement, I found it at Walgreens as clearance. I'm hoping they are just changing the packaging, like Pantene did. I'll be sad if I'm on the last treatment. I have noticed that I don't see it at the Walmart or Target stores I shop in. 


Are you using any of these products? Are you faithful to a haircare system or fickle, like me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates