UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sample Saturday: L'oreal's Magic Lumi

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sample Saturday: L'oreal's Magic Lumi

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/28/2012 08:13:00 PM
This idea has been brewing in my mind for a month. I am going to do a series on samples of products I have either bought, found in magazines or given to review. Since it is about samples, these won't be full-size items. I'll save the full reviews for when I use the product more than just once.

The goal is two-fold: The first is to let you know how a sample worked out for me and if it prompted me to purchase the full-size version. And, two, just to see how effective a sample can be. Is it enough to give me a good idea whether to purchase it? The rest will unfold as I move forward with the series.

Of course, please, do leave your impressions and thoughts in the comment section.

I'll start with the newest sample I received...
This was in my current issue of 'Elle' magazine. What's the first thing I do when I get a magazine in the mail? I rip out the perfume and the subscription cards.  But, it is a pleasant surprise to get a card that has a smidgen of a sample on it.

This one is L'oreal's 'Magic Lumi'. This is a primer/highlighter that has 'subtle luminosity.'

I think I got robbed of part of my sample! Can you see where it has been rolled out of the top of the tab. But, there was enough left for me to try it.

Usually these sample cards have a coupon attached. This one has a $2 one for any of the Lo'real 'Studio Secrets Magic' collection. A $2 coupon is nicely generous.

Here's what I discovered in sampling. The texture of this is silky. When I put it on my skin, it made it feel silky too. Never did this product feel tacky, sticky or gooey.

I tried a bit under my eyes before applying my foundation. That gave me a look of what I call a reverse raccoon look; white rings around my eyes. I didn't use much, as you can see the sample is bitty. But anytime I use an under the eye lightener, it looks too light, thus, the white raccoon eyes.

Next, I wanted to see if I could use it on the apples of my cheeks and a small line down my nose. Here was my quandary...do I put it on before my foundation, like a primer? Or, do I put it on top of the foundation so the color shows on top?

I use a mineral powder foundation. So, I chose to put the foundation on top of the application under the eyes. Then, I used 'Magic Lumi' as highlights on my face AFTER putting on the foundation. This made sense as my foundation is matte and would put a kibosh on any shine the 'Magic Lumi' would create.

Interestingly enough, the luminator did work well with my foundation. But, 'Magic Lumi' gave me those white circles under my eyes. The luminating radiance on my nose and cheeks looked like I had forgotten to allow my skin moisturizer to soak in; I wasn't glowing. I was shining. Not in a good way.

Will I purchase the full-size product? No, not at this time. Since I use only powder foundation, this didn't really make sense for me. The luminosity didn't look healthy on my skin. It looked shiny and that is exactly why I use a translucent powder.

What I did like was the texture. That silky feeling on my skin made it feel so soft. Do I think it works? Yes. It does exactly what it says it will do; highlight or illuminate the skin.

Have you tried L'oreal's 'Magic Lumi'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates