UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: You Don't Know Jacques! About Getting Ready For Spring

Thursday, January 26, 2012

You Don't Know Jacques! About Getting Ready For Spring

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/26/2012 07:49:00 PM
The new spring 2012 nail collections are rolling out and most of them are bright and cheery shades. I'm not there yet.
So I took a drab shade, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Then I went on to twinkle it up.

Here's the beginning...


I got OPI's 'You Don't Know Jacques!' in a blogger trade. This is a polish that I saw on many of the nail blogs and actually, I do like it. It's just that I didn't purchase it for myself.

The 'greige' colors got me 2 years ago, right after I started blogging. I don't think I would have given these shades a second thought if it had not been for seeing them on blogs. But, I did a 'hmmmmm?' and tried them and yes, I can say I love greige!
 
I applied 3 coats here with Seche Vite as a top coat. If you know OPI and have sampled many of their polishes, you'll know exactly how this one did: beautifully.
Then, the next day, while I sat at my desk contemplating what shade to swatch next, I found I was actually staring at my Finger Paints FX collection. Sure! Why not?...

I chose 'Flecked' as I thought it would have the best contrast. Using one of the red flakies just seemed to obvious and I wanted something unusual. And, I achieved it...
 
Look, that's a weird angle on my thumb nail. Looks like it is lop-sided. But the photo above this one shows that it's square. My camera eye is getting more critical as I work on vamping up my skill level. I start my photography classes next week with the first class on just on learning my specific camera. I'm looking forward to it and, hope that my blog photos will bear the fruits of this endeavor.

Are you ready for the spring nail collections? Or, are you dragging your feet, like me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates