UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Testing the Waters with Butter London

Friday, January 27, 2012

Testing the Waters with Butter London

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/27/2012 06:17:00 PM
My first Butter London and it was given in a swap just like the post prior. I'm excited to swatch this and have been staring at this bottle, mesmerized by the color, for weeks. What I really wanted to know, is it worth all the hype?

This is Butter London's 'Wallis'...


 It is a mysterious shade that just sort of grabs you. I don't even know what color this is. It's a gold (gilded?) green. Maybe?? It is more intriguing than beautiful. Maybe that is why it is called 'Wallis', the woman who got the King of England to abdicate his throne. (I'm going to read a book on Wallis Simpson after I finish my current book. I want to learn more about this woman.)
I have 3 coats on but I bet a skilled hand would only need 2. Now, for my take on the hype. I do agree that this polish applies grandly. I found no problems at all working with it. I mean, it turned out lovely...
 This shade has mega-depth to it. It is a rather unique shade; not one you see every season.
 'Wallis' wore well, for me, too. I did use a top coat of Color Club's Vivid so that gave it a bit of extra protection.
 And, I love how the shade looks on me. I'm keeping this one for the time being.
Here is a photo taken in the shade. But, the question I posed earlier to myself: is it worth the hype? I will have to sit right on the fence with this. It is worth it for the unique color. However, it didn't go above and beyond some of the lesser costly polishes I use. At $14 a bottle, I find that price to be too steep. If it was $8 to $9, I think that would be a fair price. This has kept me from purchasing Butter London previously.

So, it will be an outstanding shade that will make me purchase Butter London, not the formula. The price makes me think twice and then again before I put a bottle of this in my shopping cart. I'm very happy I got the chance to swap with this one and just see what the hype was and, make a decision for myself.

Have you tried Butter London and what did you think about it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates