UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: China Glaze's Ginger; A Penny For Your Thoughts

Thursday, January 12, 2012

China Glaze's Ginger; A Penny For Your Thoughts

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/12/2012 06:00:00 PM
I'm going to brag a little bit about myself, in a minute. First, I'll show you the swatch. That way if you aren't snooping interested, you can bug out after the photos.

This China Glaze polish is from way back; like maybe Fall of 2010. That sort of tells you how deep my 'to be swatched' stash is. Pardon me for a moment while I shutter.

The goods...

'Ginger' is from the Vintage collection and I fell it love with the entire collection. This shade is no exception. Best way I can describe it is copper-y micro glitter with some iridescent/gold small glitter all tied up in a bow.

You'll have to squint your eyes to see this because it tends to be rather bright...
Uh-hmmm...yep. Shiny like a brand new, copper penny.

It's glitzy...not garish. I am surprised that this copper color goes well with my skin tone too.


I got the sun coming and going with these photos. However, you can still see the glitz.

OK, here's my story:
Many years ago, so many I can't even say, I had been toying with the idea of changing my blonde hair to red. I thought about this for a few months. Then, I made a new friend that just happened to be a hair dresser and I shared my secret with her. Her salon, which just happened to be in the same office building I worked in, made it really easy for her to come up to my office, ask me to join her for lunch, take me to her salon and turn my into a redhead. Just like that. 

When I returned back from lunch, I shocked my co-workers, needless to say. But, amongst their gasps, they told me how cool it looked. I was pleased...and relieved that it did look OK.

Only after a couple of weeks, we all went out for Friday after work drinks. Stuffed in this Irish pub, we all yelled at each other to be heard. While hanging out with my friends, I got a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. This man, who I did not know, told me the following...'There are two types of redheads: those that are really ugly and those that are gorgeous. You are gorgeous. Just wanted you to know that.' 

Insecurity of making the leap to being a redhead: slayed. 

Reason for this story is two-fold: One, that some reds do look good on me. I was many different shades of red during the 12+ years I wore that color. And two, you just don't know what is in store for you unless you take a leap and entertain a sense of curiosity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates