UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Whimsical Kool-Aid Manicure

Monday, January 2, 2012

Whimsical Kool-Aid Manicure

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/02/2012 06:01:00 PM
Who doesn't want glitter nail polish??? I'm giving away two prizes for the stuff! Enter here.

Revlon's 'Whimsical' polish is the newest polish to cause a ruckus...


It's funky-looking to me. But, in a cool way. 'Whimsical' has this milky-blue base with a scattering of pink and teal colored hex glitter. There's teal regular glitter in there too. What a unique soup of polish. Well, I understand that it is a 'dupe' of another high-end polish. However, this is a mixture that is totally new to me.

Since I find 'Whimsical' to be on the thin side, I wanted to pair it up with a base color that would show it off. I picked a favorite polish of mine, Cult Nail's 'My Kind of Cool Aid'. 'Whimsical' muted down the gray/lavender of 'MKOCA' just a bit, but I don't think it took away any of the charisma of either polish.

 I used 2 coats of 'MKOCA' and two coats of 'Whimsical.' Darn sparse glitter!!! Y U No come off on nail!!!
I first tested 'Whimsical' out on an old OPI mini to see if I could make my nail line disappear. It worked, but I wanted something with a bit more character. That's why I went to 'My Kind of Cool Aid'.

Even with the unevenness of my nail length, I still got a compliment on them. And that was at Walmart, of all places! That young lady was paying attention. :)

Have you been able to find 'Whimsical'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates