UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Dollar Tree Haul

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dollar Tree Haul

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/14/2010 05:54:00 PM
Ever since Susie of Susie's Home and Hobbies reviewed some sweet looking LA Colors nail polishes she got at the Dollar Tree, I've been on a hunt. 

I really like my job(s) as a freelance merchandiser.  I get to visit lots of malls and while driving around, if I go by a Dollar Tree, CVS, Wallgreens, Sally's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc. I can just swing on in and have a look.

Yesterday, I stopped in at a large Dollar Tree store.  No luck in finding the LA Colors Color Craze polishes though.  But I did find these by LA Colors...
Here are six different LA Colors Mineral eye shadows.  I found a couple packs of false nails by Nailene and a replacement pair of my darling, cute, pink readers.  Whoot!  Last pair broke unexpectedly.  I was very sad too.
Here is a close up of the beige and the gold shadows.  They are a good size larger than normal.  They are very shimmery too.  Here are the colors I found:  purple, teal, white, beige, gold and black.  I tried out the white right off.  It has great coverage, not terribly crumbly, and applied smoothly.  A very good investment for just $1 each.  I got all the different colors they had available.
The lighting doesn't do anything for the fake nails.  The one on the left is red and has these tiny flowers with leaves on it.  The one on the right is a bit more pink than it shows here.
I'm looking forward to getting a light box VERY soon.  Sigh.

And finally, my readers....
This are so damn, stinkin' cute!  There are tiny rhinestones in the upper corners.  And, again, the color is a fuchsia pink.  Very retro.
Yep, that's me hamming it up.  Boy, I've come a long way to feel confident enough to post this goofy picture.  No makeup and my hair just back in a pony.  Well, I did it for laughs anyway.

What do you think of the LA Colors single shadows?  Will you look for them?  When I showed my picture to some good friends, only one of them had the balls to tell me I looked silly.  I really WAS trying to look silly.  What do you think, corny as hell?  Crazy cat lady? LOL!

3 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails on July 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM said...

FAbulous haul and I'm SO Jealous that you can stop at those stores at any occasion due to the nature of your work. :P LOL

I'm jealous of the eye shadows only because I've been collecting some to franken with. I do have a small non-name-brand dollar store in a small town near me that carries quite a big selection of the LAColors - which absolutely surprises me but brings me great pleasure too.

Rebecca on July 15, 2010 at 1:59 AM said...

Those shadows look soft and pigmented.

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 17, 2010 at 11:52 AM said...

@LWTT it's a double edge sword! Great to find stuff; the wallet suffers...lol

@Rebecca they are soft. I have on the purple today and it has good pigment. If I would have used Pixie Epoxy, it was have been deep. I used the white the other day and I loved it as an all over shadow too.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates