UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: What Color Would You Wear On Vacation to the Overlook Hotel?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What Color Would You Wear On Vacation to the Overlook Hotel?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/21/2010 09:21:00 PM
Another pic of the "Bar Scene" in "The Shining".

Lloyd: How are things going, Mr. Torrance?
Jack Torrance: Things could be better, Lloyd. Things could be a whole lot better.


CVS is probably going to have some of those beauty clearance items until they are all gone.  But when it started, I nabbed me some of the Sally Hansen's Lacquer Shine in those dark, gothy colors.  In fact, I visited a CVS last week and they still had several of all the colors.
Today I present to you, as a pedi, 'Shining'....
Toes don't usually bother me, but these toes, eeeeekkkk!
Nevertheless, Shining is a dark, vampy burgundy.  This is my favorite of all type of burgundy.  Yet there is a flash of purple going on amongst the burgundy.  I tried to capture it here...
I'm going to say this was standard issue Sally Hansen.  The brush was thin and long.  The polish dried quickly and got glumpy when I didn't polish fast enough.  It stayed on my toes until the next pedi, about 4 days.  I would like this better on my finger nails, and would love to wear this for the fall/winter season.

Did you get in on these for 75% off?  I had a $1 off coupon so I was snagging these for $.75!!
And, do you love to wear vampy polish?

5 comments:

Tami on July 21, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

Oooo...that's purdy!

Megan Harmeyer on July 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM said...

I love dark jewel tones. Great color. And great reference!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love those vampy colors. Have you read the book "The Shining"? If you liked the movie or miniseries, you will love the book. Truly scary! I thought the movie (1980) was not good, but now I realize it's just a Vision of Kubrik, the story thru Kubrik's eyes.

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 22, 2010 at 6:26 PM said...

@anonymous You bet I read the book. Well before the movie came out. What is it about S. King's books that they canNOT capture it on the screen? Tommyknockers, Dreamweaver, Salem's Lot, and of course the miserable mini series of 'The Stand.' But one of my very favorite movies is 'The Dead Zone.' Still not as good as the book but I have a thing with for Christoper Walken movies.

Recalcitrant Nails on July 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

I'm going to a CVS on Saturday...hope I find some good deals and goodies. Thanks for the heads up. I like toesies! no I don't have a fetish or anything. :P I just find them valuable on our feet and that we should show them off. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates