UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Fantasy False Eyelashes

Monday, July 19, 2010

Fantasy False Eyelashes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/19/2010 07:45:00 PM
With this posting, I really hope you all will be nice to me; I am out of practice with putting on false eyelashes.  OK?
Yikes!!! Naked eyes!!!  If you notice the liner, it's permanent liner, that wasn't too permanent.  That's a whole 'nother subject for another day.   So, naked lids...oh, wait...there is some shadow primer going on here.

Now I'm pinked and purpled out.   I felt inspired by Phyrra who does some of the best eye looks.  So, this is my look without mascara or the falsies.
And here are the falsies.  These are from Revlon and they are the Fantasy Lengths. This set is called 'Lush.'  These are black and there are four sets of these baby-width lashes.  There is a little tube of lash glue with it, as well.

I was 'wild' and did two on each eye. (chuckling at that!)   I used Revlon's Precision Lash Adhesive as the glue instead of the little tube.  The Precision Lash Adhesive is like an eyeliner and you dab it onto the falsies.  It has an iridescent color but dries clear.  And it was easy as pie to use.
I used my tweezers and an orange stick to wrangle the lashes in place.  I fully admit I am not at all an expert with putting on false eyelashes.  I used to wear them in my 20's (just a couple of years ago! cough...cough) and got pretty good at it.  For whatever reason, I got away from it.  Yet, I have always felt that false eyelashes were gorgeous and makes the eye look 'Lush' and more open.  You can see that part on me.

After putting on the lashes, I put on some mascara and then combed the falsies into my own lashes.  And there they stayed.

The lashes are beautiful to look at, all lined up in their package.  I love the 'vampy' look of these.  I think it is more noticeable that they are fake because the photo is up so close.  But when I looked from a regular distance, I loved them a LOT!  And the Precision Lash Adhesive...pure genius!!

I realize I didn't take pictures of the products.  I have a couple more pairs of lashes to play with and I'll take pictures of them all then.  That and this cool adhesive tube.  I know I'm better with long strips of false lashes, but I just had to dig in and try these fantasy lengths.  First you play, then you get better! 

If you photo your eye/look of the day, how in the hell do you do it???  I snap the camera, quickly turn it around to see the image before it goes back to the live view.  That's hard!  I'll put it on the list of other things that I need to practice. :)  How'd you like this post?  Shall I photo more, talk less?  How do you do with applying false lashes...any tips?


The false lashes and the adhesive were supplied to me by Revlon for my review and honest opinion.

4 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails on July 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM said...

I don't know how you do that. I tried false eyelashes once and it didn't work at all. :P I stay away from them but I love how they look on people. this is too cool

BLIX on July 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM said...

Hiya! I wear false lashes almost every day. I put a small blob of lash glue on a piece of tissue paper on my vanity. Then I use a tiny thin brush and lightly dip it into the glue, then apply it to my lash line gently with tiny dabs. Let it set a few seconds. Once you have covered your lash line, grab your fav lashes and put them on. So much easier than putting the glue on the lashes and then trying to get those things on correctly. :-)
Of course be careful not to get glue in your eyes. Use small amounts. Do not use a whole bunch on the brush all at once as it will go on all gloopy.

Hope that helps. XD

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM said...

Oh, Blix, that does help!!! Thank you!!! I'm going to try it that way, yes. And duh me, I never even considered putting the glue on my lid first. :p
With this glue in a tube like eyeliner, that should be easy to do.

Thanks for the gluing your eyelid warning. It's a long story, but don't ever try to break off the gooey tip of a super glue tube with your teeth!

shortwidenails on July 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM said...

try to take the picture in the washroom or with a mirror? so that when you take the picture you can see what you are taking in the reflection of the mirror. does that make sense? I think it works...in my mind it seems to work =)

I just cannot get the eyelash to stay on my eye. it's like after I place it on and do my make up the eye lash eventually comes off. geesh

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates