UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Summertime Banarama Split

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summertime Banarama Split

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/04/2010 07:24:00 PM
It may be a good problem to have, but I think I need a better way of tracking polishes I have purchased, need to swatch, swatched and have blogged about.  I think I spent about 30 minutes checking to make sure I haven't blogged about this one before and then looking for the photos I had taken.  If I've done this one before, well then, enjoy my rerun!

About 2 months ago, Sally's had two new collections of Savvy in.  And, these two had a lot of new colors.  I can't believe I only got 4!  I was careful that I didn't get the same colors twice...but I still did. Ha ha! Some upcoming giveaway winner will profit on that one!

Here's one that I did pick up: Banarama.  Not like bananarama.
This polish reminds be of a lemonade slushie.  It's a pale yellow with a yellow shimmer.  And I mean SHIMMER! Only the most uptight workplace would find this inappropriate. ;) It isn't a screamer. It's much more of a demure, spectacular shimmer.  But you can see from my photos, taken outdoors, just how shimmery this fun color is.
This, actually, may be my first ever yellow polish. It seems to have been a color I avoided because I didn't want my nails to look like I smoke 2 packs a day.  But, not going to happen with this friendly yellow.
This photo does a very good job of showing off the color.
Here it is in the sunny window.  Just so CUTE!!!  It was rather sheer, as I expected it to be.  But this is my mani with BS, 1 coat Seche Clear, 2 color, 1 Seche Clear and 1 Seche Vite. The brush isn't anything special and neither is the top.  They are not 'perfect,' nor 'meh,' but just right.  Hmmmm....could this be the color Goldilocks likes?
Again, in the sunny window, Banarama looks half way decent on me. Not what I was expecting.  But then, I love pleasant surprises!!

Do you wear yellow polish? If so, what's your favorite? I might want to try it too. What was your last pleasant surprise?

4 comments:

Ali'sNailNews on July 4, 2010 at 10:06 PM said...

I saw these at Sally's but didn't get any of them yet. Trust me, is was super hard to pass on them. I'm quite certain that I will end up getting a few. I like this color. It looks nice on you. :-) As far as yellows go, I do like them. I think my favs. are the neon colored. Also, Nicole has a yellow that has micro orange glitter in it. I have that one, and really like it. Can't think of the name of it right now.

Which other colors did you end up with?

By the way, I started a nail blog. Would love to have you follow, if you're interested. :-)

http://alisnailnews.blogspot.com/

Megan Harmeyer on July 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM said...

I don't do yellow - it makes my skin look so sallow. That's a great color, though. The only time I use yellow is as art. My last pleasant surprise was how much I liked Zoya's Reece (I debated between that one and Happi and I'm glad I went with Reece).

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM said...

@ Ali I haven't seen that Nicole that you mentioned. In fact, I don't own a Nicole yet. But a yellow with orange glitter? Now that's something I have to see!

I went over and followed your blog. Don't forget to check out my giveaway ending July 11.

@ Megan You rhymed with yellow/sallow. Well, it rhymed depending on one's accent! lol You know, I don't have any Zoyas either. I haven't run across these since I started blogging. I have seen them in the past though, just don't remember where.

Carrie on July 5, 2010 at 8:17 PM said...

it looks really good. i love the gold shimmery look to it:D

btw, i am now a new follower. follow me too?

http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates