UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: This Product Laid An Egg

Friday, July 9, 2010

This Product Laid An Egg

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/09/2010 06:37:00 PM
Not every beauty product is going to be a hit with everyone.  And, as bloggers, we generally do posts on the things we like.  So, naturally, we will gravitate to those things we feel we will like.

This is not going to be one of those instances.  I totally hate this product.  And I really do try to save the word 'hate' for something so terrible, so despicable, so vile to earn this word.  I throw around the word 'awesome,' 'cool,' and 'fantastic' quite liberally, though.  Yet, those are positive words and even if one would overuse them, they rarely piss anyone off.

With that, I give you the beauty product that I hate...
The Ped Egg.  Sure it's innocent looking. Even cute.  But it is totally worthless.  That is, unless you like to cheese grate your foot calluses.

It wasn't even love at first try. I got the thing thinking it was mechanical.  You know, like an electric toothbrush.  A swirling shaver of some sort that would file down my rough calluses.  No.  It was a miniature cheese grater.
The Ped Egg doesn't even fit nicely in my hand.  I can barely hold on to it because I don't want my fingers to hang over the side or, my finger to curl under and get scraped.

But I have two feelings about such a mistake: one, try to get it to work and 2) you spent money on it, try and get your money's worth.   I could get the Ped Egg to 'function.'  I rubbed on my heel like I was scrubbing a dirty kid's ears.  This gross powder was flying all over and collecting on my fingers.  I thought the egg was supposed to capture the scaled skin and hold it inside the egg until you opened it up and threw the cheese, oh, I mean dead skin away.

I went to town on my heels and the toes and all those menacing calluses that dared to find their way onto my precious feet.  All the time scrubbing harder than trying to get dried wax off a car.

I open it up like Dr. G, medical examiner, looking for the evidence and....nothing.  OK, maybe a few bits of dust.  Figures, since most of it was flying all around my hands and creating a small mound on the floor below.

Next, on the flat side of the Egg, is a large swatch of sanding paper.  Small grit.  You are supposed to use this over the newly grated calluses.  Wow.  I had transformed my own soles into those that rivaled any trail shoes.  I had more tread than an old Goodyear tire.  I needed to file those barbs o' callus, but good! 

And so, I carried on scrubbing again.  I'd stop, feel my soles, nope, still torn up.  File some more, check, file some more.  Then I finally stopped and got some foot lotion and called it a foul (egg...foul...get it?).  Dummy me, I did this several more times thinking, wishing, that I'd get the results I saw on TV.  Hell, even Billy Mayes didn't push this piece of crap!
This is the last known photo of the hated villain.  I saw the light when I heard two women talking about it in a store.  I was there doing a project and I overheard one lady to the other, 'that is that PedEgg. It is like a cheese grater.'  I happened to look up and she saw me and apologized.  After I told her it wasn't necessary, I agreed 'it is a cheese grater, isn't it?'  Yep, she and I bonded with her telling it like it is.

Here's one product that I am not going to endorse and I bought it my own darn self. Ped Egg doesn't have the eggs to send this out for a review!  It has seen its demise and has, thus, been condemned to the island of misfit beauty toys.

Have you ever bought a piece of poo-poo as a beauty tool?  Did you face up to it and toss it?

8 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on July 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM said...

At least you seem to have a sense of humor about the whole experience! So, was the end result any good?

paintedladyfingers on July 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM said...

Tweezerman now also makes a version. I believe it has a handle. I saw it at Sephora. It's pink. :)

Mai on July 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM said...

Awww that sucks, I had a really amazing experience with it

Recalcitrant Nails on July 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM said...

I've always wondered about this and have avoided buying it because I just can't believe its "all that" Thank you for your review, I know to keep walking by it and leave it alone. :P

Miss Krimson on July 9, 2010 at 9:55 PM said...

Revlon makes one. and I love it! It works wonderfully... thanks for the review
Maricela
vividfusion.blogspot.com

Tami on July 10, 2010 at 1:31 PM said...

Sorry you had a bad experience with it. I love mine. Mine has a handle on it though. Much easier to use, I'm sure.

KarenD on July 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM said...

I do have a sort of cheese grater I use on my feet, but it's a very fine grater and seems to work okay.

The sucky-est product I've bought recently is the Smooth Away hair removal system, which basically involves sandpapering one's legs or face or wherever. I did not manage to remove much hair, but irritated my skin quite dramatically.

Laynie on July 11, 2010 at 3:01 AM said...

You know, I wonder if you got a bad one. I've got one, and I absolutely ADORE it. There aren't enough words in the english language to say how much I love this thing.

I get horrible calluses on my feet, and the pedegg does a miraculous wonder on them. All the shaved off bits go inside the egg, and once I get the sandpaper going, my feet end up as smooth as a ... well, very smooth object.

I guess it's possible it doesn't work that well for everyone. But I'm so sorry you hate it.

At least you got a really funny blog post out of it! :D

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates