UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Glitter Bombs and Sandwiches

Monday, June 27, 2011

Glitter Bombs and Sandwiches

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/27/2011 08:47:00 PM
Check here where I blogged about some glitter polishes to scream for. I even stopped by another Forever 21 to see if I could find any other glitters like these. But, alas...no.

I did this mani yesterday and it got bumped to the front of the blog. Clear the area...glitter bomb coming through!

I started off with a light lavender pastel shade from Color Club. The one I used is called 'Secret Rendezvous.'
I, then, layered the Forever 21 newly-acquired 'Purple/Silver' polish...

Ta da!!! I put one top coat of Color Club's 'Eco Chic' and the glitter barely feels gritty.


Then, I wondered if I could do the manicure 'sandwich'...

My middle finger looks better for the sheerness of coverage. However, it's wacked by a cuticle bed that grows boingy.

Even though 'Secret Rendezvous' is not a jelly, it's a creme, I got a lot closer to replicating the sandwich manicure. The sandwich manicure is where a base color is laid down first, then followed by a clear base glitter polish. Last, it is topped with either the base color again or a sheer polish that lets the glitter slightly show through. It works best with sheer jellies but I used a creme. And, I've seen this on other blogs as well.

At one of the stores I worked at today, one of the employees fawned over my nails. That's enough for me to not change them out for...oh, 3 days, which is long time for a nail blogger. Even longer for someone like me that doesn't care for sandwiches.

8 comments:

NotesandNails on June 27, 2011 at 9:14 PM said...

I love the glitter sandwich! I just did my first one. I like it in the purple colors too.

Megan Harmeyer on June 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM said...

GLITTER BOMB! Ka-BOOM! LOL I like the idea of the glitter sandwich but I haven't tried it yet. I have an aversion to glitter bombs. Not the polish itself, but the removal. Gag.

The Peach on June 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM said...

Love the glitter polish! I'm personally not really digging the sandwich nails. But thats just me. Still love glitter thought!

Beauty Writer on June 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM said...

I love it :)
http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

NeeLai on June 28, 2011 at 2:19 AM said...

i still love it! i love glitter polish too :) and the color combination looks good too :) by the way im your new follower you can visit mine too :)

Italian Furniture on June 28, 2011 at 9:52 AM said...

Nice and lovely blog article... Thanks for share...

michelle_ on June 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM said...

YOUR NAILS ARE GORGEOUSSSS !

www.glisters and blisters.com

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 28, 2011 at 10:08 PM said...

@NotesandNails Oh, you have to send me your link so I can see yours!

@Megan OMG! Yes, the removal was a chore. But I read blogs while I was removing it. LOL

@Peach I prefer the glitter without the sandwich, actually.

@Beauty Writer Thank you, hon! :)

@neelai Hi! Thanks for joining in. I'll come visit you too. :)

@Italian Furniture You are very sweet. Thank you!

@michelle Girl, you flatter me! Your blog is truly BOSS!!! ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates