UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I'm Having A Purple Phase

Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm Having A Purple Phase

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/03/2011 03:20:00 PM
This is quite by accident, but maybe I should run with it. Here's another purple that I swatched...and loved...
This is Color Club's 'Wild Orchid' and it is from the 'Alter Ego' collection. I found that I loved a LOT of the colors in these 2 collections from CC.
The tipping point for me, on this shade, it's the iridescent sparkles that live inside a dark putty color. Sparkles that are elusive this time around.
Oh, just a hint of them here.  I have on 3 coats and no top coat here. Very easy to apply. The above photo is in the shade.
This one is spot on in the sun...
A bit of that pinkish sheen...

It's one that looks so much better in real life. And I can see this one working with lots of different shades of crackle too.  In fact, I am lining that one up to do!

You can end right here if you are just here to see the polish. The next part is my soap box..

Thanks to my dear readers for following along. With so many great, talented bloggers out there, it is hard for me to not be intimidated. I want to have my nails look like theirs, my blog to be as professional and to have thousands of followers holding their breath for my next post. I'm inspired daily!

So, when I come back down to earth, I step back to the beginning of my blogging days. I started blogging because I wanted to have a hobby that not only would help me stop picking away at my sorry cuticles but also to just have fun. What I didn't expect is to join in a sub-culture that was filled with beautiful women, from all over the world! There is an entire group of bloggers that I enjoy following and they are on Twitter and they talk with me. And many of them have allowed me into their circle(s) with love and friendship.

This doesn't escape me because every day, I think about this hobby and the circle I have joined. And, a truly supportive community. I'm right there to stick up for a fellow blogger that has her photos and/or copy stolen from her; I know how hard it is to come up with great photos, skilled copy and putting it into a format that expresses oneself. It's still elusive to me! I'll continue to step up and speak when I feel that a blogger has not been treated fairly or professionally. There are haters out there, sadly. And their lives are twisted around the erroneous belief that there is NOT ENOUGH TO GO AROUND. I don't, for one minute, believe that. There is always room for more; it will never run out.

My thanks and gratitude will never run out for having you be a part of this blog. :)
Libby agrees. Here she is saying 'WORD!'

8 comments:

Melissa on June 3, 2011 at 3:41 PM said...

Great pic of Libby! Those shade of polishes can be hard to photograph, something just eludes the lens. And on a side note, us beauty chics gotta stick together ;)

Polish'd Cindy on June 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM said...

Purple is a good phase to be in :)
That's a beautiful color.

The Peach on June 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM said...

Mmmm....purple! Love the color! Looks like this purple leans a little on the grey side? And I'm happy to be part of your blogging world! I love stopping by to see what polish you have to share. And I love reading your posts, they are so entertaining!

Megan Harmeyer on June 3, 2011 at 5:37 PM said...

I love the color but I don't get the name. LOL Anyway...I agree with you! I'm not the best blogger around but I know fraud and just plain meanness when I see it. It's nice to know that people are willing to stick up for others - thank you! C'mon, people! Nail polish is 'sposed to be FUN! Stop with the damned drama.

Phyrra on June 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM said...

What is your favorite, most pigmented, brightest purple?

Makeup and Mutts on June 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM said...

Aw Libby is too cute! Fabulous blog :)

Christine on June 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM said...

That is such a cute color :)

Love Christine ♥
http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 4, 2011 at 6:20 PM said...

@Melissa Purples are elusive. I hope I can continue to grow with my photography skills. Yep, we gotta stick together!

@Polish'd Cindy Thank you!

@Peach Yes, this is a dusty gray-ish purple. I love following your blog too. I am getting a great education from you. :)

@Megan I can testify that you and I do know the value of fun. :)

@Phyrra The polish that I own for that would be the 'unnamed' color purple by Cosmetic Arts. They have a bright, neon purple that leaves NO question that it IS purple. :)

@Vintage Makeup It's surprising that I haven't injured Libby in cuddling, hugging and kissing her. :) Thanks for following along. I am following your blog too!

@Christine I sort of adore it too. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates