UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: This Wednesday Is A Pink Sandwich

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This Wednesday Is A Pink Sandwich

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/01/2011 08:14:00 AM
Wednesday = PINK!!! I'm in awesome company; here are others that wear pink on Wednesdays too.

 A favorite blog that I follow, Glitta Gloves, has done a couple of 'sandwich' manicures, in which she was inspired by another nail blogger.

A 'sandwich' manicure consists of a base jelly polish, a glitter polish and then, topped with the same jelly color.  Kirsten does a beautiful job. I'm inspired. Let's see what I can do...

Here are the players...
From the Bloom collection, Wet 'n Wild's 'Laughing Lilac'. Next is an awesome pink, flakie glitter from Claire's. And what I'm going to use for the sheer topcoat is Color Club's 'Incognto' from their Alter Ego collection.

First is the base color. This is the 'Laughing Lilac', which I love that name....
I only did one coat because I want to keep the sheer look. But this one is a shiner, isn't it?

Now comes the glitter with Claire's pink flakie...
 And finally, 'Incognito'...

 Meh...mine falls flat. One of two things happened. One, my base coat may have not been pale enough. Glitta Gloves uses the same polish color for the bottom and top coat. And second, my glitter is in a colored jelly base. I see that Glitta Gloves uses a bolder glitter but set in a clear polish.

On its own and not in a comparison (like me against Miss Universe!), it is just alright. But it can't even be called worthy of a now famous manicure 'sandwich.'

Kirsten, you are the best! Thanks for the continued inspiration. And I'll try to do better next time.

2 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on June 1, 2011 at 10:58 AM said...

I think it's pretty!! I need to put my glitters to better use. :)

The Peach on June 1, 2011 at 11:51 AM said...

Very interesting! I haven't heard of a sandwich mani before! I think its pretty also!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates