UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Purple, Pretty Please

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Purple, Pretty Please

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/02/2011 04:23:00 PM
A second life for 'Alter Ego,' which I showed in my last post...

'Alter Ego' has to have other sides. I went to explore them. Also, I have sort of a fetish with all these shatter and crackle effects. I didn't get into them the last time they trended. I didn't even know about them! Looks like I'm going to be able to this time around and, in a plethora of brands and colors.
 
So, here is a shatter on 'Alter Ego.' This is OPI's 'Silver Shatter' from their current 'Pirates of the Caribbean' collection. 'Silver Shatter' makes you work fast. Put it on and quickly move onto the next nail. Don't fuss with it!

Next, is a crackle.  This is Sally Hansen's 'Vintage Violet'...
 
I found 'Vintage Violet' to be a thicker polish but it did allow time to easily apply before it took affect. And, maybe the thicker coat made for large chunks of the crackle.

I can't pick which one I like best; they are both awesome...
 'Vintage Violet's top was on super tight. I had to pull out the muscles to get it opened. And when I finally did...ut oh...
Poor thing is brush challenged. That made application a bit more tricky. Luckily, I like the color well enough to get over it.

Are you ready to be looking at the crackle/shatter trend through the rest of the year?

9 comments:

Slow Cheetah on June 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM said...

The colors are cute, but I don't like the thickness of this crackles O:

DesertNails8 on June 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM said...

My brush is like that with the gold crackle! I keep trying to bend it back to normal but it only helps a bit.

Megan Harmeyer on June 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM said...

I like the color options with the SH line, but it looks super thick. Is it?

Shareena on June 2, 2011 at 6:09 PM said...

this is the first time I've seen thick crackled polish.

Kristina on June 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM said...

I agree with the above girls who feels it is too thick. I like the color a lot but not how thick the cracks are as well.

The Peach on June 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM said...

Brush challenged! Haha! Pretty crackles! I've been loving this trend!

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM said...

@Lilach I was surprised at the thickness. The others from that collection are the same way. I am going to work with them with not such a heavy hand. It believe it will make it less looking like plaster.

@DesertNails8 Gosh, I just checked my gold and it is bent too. Not as bad though. I bet that will turn off a lot of users.

@Megan It is thicker than the others. I think if I work at removing more from the brush, it will look better. It was trial and error with that funky brush.

@Shareena I was quite surprised by it too. I'm hoping I didn't get a bad one. However, my gold is thick as well.

@Kristina Cracked like putty, didn't it? (Stage whisper....OPI's performed better)

@Peach I saw the one you did on your blog. Cute toes!!! I haven't done my toes in a while. No reason, just haven't. But a crackle French pedi makes a whole different outlook. :)

Anonymous said...

I got the whole set of the Sally Hansen crackles.....I can't wait to use them after seeing this post!

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM said...

@kittypolishnbags I didn't get any color dupes. Like black, I got that from OPI so I didn't get the SH one. But, boy, did they have a lot of colors? I look forward to reading your review on them. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates