UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Gray Clouds Over An Orange Sun

Monday, June 13, 2011

Gray Clouds Over An Orange Sun

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/13/2011 07:14:00 PM
Can you imagine a 'grunge' nail look? Well, if not, check this one out...
This is the crackle gray polish from China Glaze and it's called Cracked Concrete.

I took yesterday's manicure, check here, and put some cement on it...
What a variety of textures. Hmmm...I can say, I was not consistent with application. And, I was trying to. It just happened. Not the look I was wanting. Yet, I could just say I was going for a down and dirty look. Hee hee! OK, no one would believe me.
I put one coat on; that's all you need. However, how thick of a coat used is going to make the difference.
The thumb went all to hell. That is too much crackle to crack! If I had planned to wear this outside of my home, well, I would not have!

The only nail that went well is the pinky.
It doesn't look like cement, but more like shattered, dirty glass. LOL Grunge..and I don't do the grunge look well. The other nails, save for the thumb, could have been salvaged with a shiny top coat.

Did you ever step on a crack...on purpose? I did. I was an ornery brat!

4 comments:

The Preppy Student on June 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM said...

I love this, I am just a huge supporter of crackle!

The Peach on June 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM said...

Love these colors together! Too bad the thumb didn't crack right :(

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

@Toesthattwinkle I am hearing rumblings that folks are so over the crackles. I am not, though. I'm looking forward to what I can do with combos come winter holidays.

@Peach The gray was finicky. I have found the other crackles to be more forgiving.

Makeup and Mutts on June 14, 2011 at 1:35 PM said...

Oooh loving this combo! Very unique

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates