UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Today's Southern Orlando Haul

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today's Southern Orlando Haul

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/23/2011 07:57:00 PM
I woke up today feeling pretty yucky. I had a 'recovery day' scheduled from running, so I pushed myself into that. I had a feeling of a fever but I did my 'pretend' jump rope workout anyway. (I jump rope but don't have a real rope to use; just go through the movements with my arms.) I had a work project scheduled early this morning, it was already 80 degrees before 10 AM, but I went and did it anyway. I wanted to come home and be inside where it is cool. However,  I went to Ulta (it really is on the way home) and made sure I used my $9 in points and my $3.50 off $10 coupon today.

Even then, I went to a large mall do finish up more work so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. But I stopped in Forever 21 anyway and found some polish.

Semi-soothing, here are the goods...
 Sparkle babies. From left on: Currant, Silver and Coral.

But you have to check them out up close to get a good looky...
Currant. I merlot shade with red and gold glitter.


Silver. It is a much lighter shade of silver IRL, with iridescent micro-glitter.

Coral. A pinkish coral shade with red and fuchsia micro-glitter. This one might be a jelly. I'm not sure yet.

BUT WAIT!!!!! THERE'S MORE!!!!!!


Early July 4th sparklers! From the left on: Purple/Silver, Green/Clear and Red/Black/Silver. Oh, those names got me excited!!! *rolls eyes, one way then back the other*

 Silver/Purple. The base is clear with chunks of silver and a red-purple hexagon glitter.


Green/Clear. A clear base with chunky leaf green and silver hexagon glitter.


Red/Black/Silver. Again, a clear base with chunks of very red, black and silver hexagon glitter.

Any one of these three hexy glitters could make some interesting nail 'sammich' manicures.  I'm ready to experiment!

I did stop by CVS in the mall to check to see if I could find anything new. I found the new Limited Edition NYC polishes...

The coupons at the front expired on 6/1/11. Not nice. But one polish did come home with me (where at least 2 unexpired NYC coupons are)...


This is 'Gramercy Glitz.' It's a pink, almost totally clear, base with tons of baby girl pink and iridescent micro-glitter. Not exactly a new shade but the kind I tend to gravitate to.

I'm a chick from the Midwest, I had to look this one up: Gramercy Park (/ˌgræmᵊrsi ˈpɑːrk/) is a small, fenced-in private park in the borough of Manhattan in New York City, United States.
It looks lovely. I'd like to visit it. Some day. When I go to New York. Where my hubs is from. NYC, where he got his Masters. Yea...some day.


See any shades that tickle your fancy?

10 comments:

jbrobeck on June 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM said...

i got some polish a XXI today too!

Anonymous said...

Oi! Do you know how many of those hex ones they have? I'm trying not to get into these Love & Beauty ones cause knowing me, I'd want to get every single shade available and I don't have a list of all the shades they have!

KarenD on June 23, 2011 at 9:45 PM said...

Oh, those chunky glitters are calling my name!

The Peach on June 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM said...

Ohhh....look ath those hex glitters! They look like a lot of fun! Love the coral color also!

Megan Harmeyer on June 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM said...

Well. That does it. I have to brave a trip in to Forever 21. Thanks for that. LOL Hope you're feeling better!

Never Enough Nails on June 23, 2011 at 11:59 PM said...

I love those glitters! But you're right about the names! How boring!
By the way, I LOVE the picture of you and Libby that is on your Blogger profile! Beautiful!

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 24, 2011 at 2:07 PM said...

@jbrobeck Don'tcha just love 'em? I want more!

@kittypolishnbags I dug through 2 different checkout stands' worth and that's all they had. But, I do know where 2 other stores are. hee hee
I'll surely report back if I find any more.

@KarenD I didn't think they were saying just 'Kimberly'. ;P

@Peach Is that coral calling your toes? LOL

@Megan I feel better the next day, thank you. OK, but if you get addicted to going to Forever 21,...well...I guess you WILL have to blame me! ;)

@Never Enough Nails Thank you, sweets! That means so much to me.

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty on June 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM said...

Gorgeous colors!

Makeup and Mutts on June 24, 2011 at 11:10 PM said...

Great haul! Currant looks so pretty!

Lace Escapades on June 25, 2011 at 1:12 PM said...

All those chunky glitters! I'm dying! *reaches*

-Kieran

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates