UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Color Club's 'Soul-ar Energy' and Orange Sherbet

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Color Club's 'Soul-ar Energy' and Orange Sherbet

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/12/2011 08:37:00 PM
What's up??? The TEMPERATURE is what's up!!

When it gets this hot, I either want a super, cold beer or a cup of orange sherbet. This Color Club polish reminds me of the latter...


This is 'Soular Energy.' Nope, I didn't misspell it. 'Soular Energy' comes from the Eco Chic collection. I won this from a giveaway that Mary at 'Body and Soul' had. As a side note: Body and Soul is my go-to blog to find out what are 'up and coming' nail collections. How does Mary know what's coming out before everyone else? I think Angels whisper it in her ear. ;)

A yummy, orange pastel, this color went opaque in 3 coats. It doesn't have a lot of luster on it's own. You could always add a shine top coat if you would like. I left it as is to get that cool, sherbet look...

When I look in my closet, I don't see a lot of orange. I have pink, fair skin and orange doesn't do well with my complexion. However, 'Soular Energy' is one of the exceptions. It does make the cuticle area look a bit off color, however, one would have to look this close to notice...
Creamsicle Orange, wouldn't you say? For those of you old enough for when this was around...Baby Bayer Aspirin!!

6 comments:

Makeup and Mutts on June 12, 2011 at 9:10 PM said...

I love this shade! Very spingy

The Peach on June 12, 2011 at 9:56 PM said...

Definitely creamsicle orange! Love the color! And I wish the weather was starting to get a little warm here :( More rain for us today!

Nicole on June 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM said...

Wasn't that baby aspirin flavored, too? This is SO cute, definitely like sherbert - I love it! Mary always seems to get the scoop haha :) She was one of my very first followers!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, St. Joseph's Baby Asprin, I loved that stuff! As an adult orange creamsicle is my favourite flavour of course.

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM said...

@Vintage Makeup Exactly! Makes me hungry too.

@Peach Please, allow me to send you some heat!! I have more than I need. :)

@Nicole Girly, you are so right! It was orange flavored!It was the only medicine that tasted OK when I was a kid.

@Anonymous You remember too! I think I'm going to have to satisfy an orange sherbet craving. ;)

Beauty Writer on June 15, 2011 at 10:32 AM said...

Thank-you so much for being my 200th follower!!!! I love your blog and followed you as well :)
http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates