UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Cheeky Monkey Nail Polish

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cheeky Monkey Nail Polish

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/18/2011 08:40:00 PM
It was very exciting for me to go to the Orlando Premiere Show on June 5. I went with Kari from Once Bitten Blog. We had such a great time. Kari wanted to check out Cheeky Monkey nail polish's booth. I'm so glad we did!

I got the low-down on this up and coming Canadian company from the President and Founder, Andrea Pahn. Here's me with Andrea...
 She was a delight to talk with. She had traipsed all over the continent doing shows, yet was still excited and eager to share with us her polishes.

It was really difficult for me to narrow down the colors I wanted. Each one was drop-dead gorgeous. And the names, OMG! The Names! If you are a long-time reader, you know how I love fun nail polish names. Cheeky Monkey does NOT hold back! Click here and check out all the 'cheeky' names and colors.

The first shade I picked up was 'Never Go Back.'  Black. I mean seriously black. Black with a wet-looking shine...

Each bottle has its own unique name printed all around it. The tops are rubberized so that makes it so easy to hold. Printed in a ton of different fonts, the bottles are artful.

This is two coats and not a bit of a top coat used. It really is THAT shiny...


The leopard sticker, ala Incognito, is from another company. I got a sampling done. It does sort of accent the mani though.

'Never Go Back' is incredibly inky, shine with unending depth and stayed on my nails for days without so much of a chip or dullness to the mega shine. I have found my new, go-to black creme polish. :)

It is without a doubt that I will purchase more polishes from this fun polish company. They sure are not bashful.  I'm looking forward to sharing and swatching the other colors I got from them. Just stick around!!!

I caught up with a fierce man at the Premiere! I like a man with a six-pack...
I guess this Zombie-looking dude had lunch already. He didn't try to eat my brains.

Have you tried Cheeky Monkey? Looks like a fun company, doesn't it?

9 comments:

Makeup and Mutts on June 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM said...

Wow I love how shiny it is! I haven't tried their products, going to check them out!! :)

Stephanie Merlin on June 18, 2011 at 11:51 PM said...

I love how this one looks jelly-ish. I also love their bottles!

The Peach on June 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM said...

Looks like you had fun! Love the polish! I think this may be the most amazing black I've ever seen! I'm headed to go check out Cheeky Monkey right now!

KiM on June 19, 2011 at 5:21 PM said...

My gosh! That polish is shining BIG time! I like your blog ;)
Don't forget to check out mine (btw: that yummy chocolate mask on my blog actually has a weird smell to it to me :D)
kmcosmetics.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I mean't feel bullied* ^

PolishGalore on June 19, 2011 at 11:15 PM said...

I wish I could have met her! I have almost the entire line of Cheeky Monkey (just missing a few) and I love them all.

Anonymous said...

You look like you had a lot of fun! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM said...

@Vintage Makeup It's my new black dream...I mean creme!

@Steph The ladies took great pride in their unique bottles as well as their polish.

@Peach I did have fun. It was a bit overwhelming but still so much to look at.

@KiM Interesting why to spell your name. :) 'Never Go Back' is my 1/2 year all-time favorite. lol You mean that mask didn't smell like chocolate? Boo! But then, that would have kept me from eating it instead of putting it on my face. Hee hee!

@Jenny Apology accepted. Thanks!

@PolishGalore You mean you already knew about these? How cool! I'm coming over to your house and checking them out. I have got to figure out what to get next. :)

@kittypolishnbags I just did another post with all the wild stuff I saw...Not Brittany, though. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

You deleted my comment and twisted what I wrote? I wasn't apologising for anything except a typo. I'm not shocked at all that you've deleted that comment; anything to make yourself sound better and innocent.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates