UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Golly, Goth Green

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Golly, Goth Green

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/27/2010 08:55:00 PM
Not too long ago, I swatched Ulta's 'Underground', part of the Goth Glam mini collection.   One of the comments was from Rebecca, who has Nails Etc blog.  (Check out her avatar picture and you'll see why David Lee Roth, with Van Halen, sang that song about a teacher.) Rebecca wrote that she was looking forward to seeing the green polish from this collection.

I had inspiration!  Besides that, Rebecca is just as sweet as her photo shows too.  So, here's the green polish, named by Ulta as 'Tainted Love.'  But I named it 'Golly, Green Goth' because the print is the size of bug's eyes and printed in black ink on the bottom of the bottle.  I can't read it!  I guess Ulta didn't give a hoot if you knew the name of these polishes from this collection.  Never mind, I like naming polishes!
Outside, this gothic goody has no problem showing off its true green glitz.
Doesn't this green make you envious!!!  Almost a bug-eye green with a lot of gold glimmer.

Indoors, however, this is a true goth glamour...
I got a BC, 2 coats of Seche Clear, 2 coats of 'Tainted Love, 2 more coats of Seche with the top coat of Seche Vite.  Note: That is my 'normal' mani routine.  On occasion, I'll use Quick 'n Slick as my TC instead of Seche Vite.

And on that note, this looks like a jelly.  Maybe it is, I'm still new so hopefully I'll get an answer from a more experienced nail blogger. :)
I couldn't keep myself from stealing glances at my nails the whole time I wore this.  It appealed to me on so many levels.  Now granted, with the first coat, I wasn't sure this was going to be great.  It was streaky and laid down blotchy.  However, the 2nd coat straightened up this green like a corset on a goth princess.

This 'Golly, Green Goth' gets two crosses up, in my book.  And what's with the 'Tainted Love' name? Unless they really are referring to this 'Tainted Love' because it's a LOT scarier!

You like this green?  Which version of 'Tainted Love' to you like best?  And, you see that chick in the beginning that's fluffing up her hair in Rebecca's video? (Psst...it's at the top of the post) Yea, that WAS me...like, for sure!!!

5 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on June 27, 2010 at 9:58 PM said...

That's really pretty. I saw this collection on somebody's site (gah! I can't remember who!) and couldn't resist. I should have this set in the mail sometime early this week! I can't wait. That green is gorgeous!!

Rebecca on June 28, 2010 at 1:53 AM said...

Wow, thanks for the kind words! I can safely say that none of my students are hot for me though :p It is a beautiful colour. After purple, I love greens the most!

Susie on June 28, 2010 at 5:50 AM said...

Such a pretty polish.
Susie

Freshie on June 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM said...

I really like this color of green and you can never go wrong with GLITTER

Jonna on June 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM said...

Wow this is gorgeous shade of green :)
I absolutely prefer the Soft Cell's version of Tainted Lif.. Soft Cell is one of my fave bands ever!! :D ♥ Well, I love Marilyn Manson too but he's not soooo good.
xx

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates