UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Minali's Summer Metal Collection

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Minali's Summer Metal Collection

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/05/2010 09:36:00 AM
I saw a brand new Milani display at CVS last weekend.  They had to have just put it out as it was still all full.  I wish I would have taken my camera.

I can't believe my restraint, I chose just one....that time.  Yesterday I went back and snagged 3 more (more on that in a forthcoming post).  However, it was slim pickings.

This is the first one I picked up, Metal Gear...
This picture, out in the sun, captures this color perfectly.  Foiled orange with a really high shine.  Being rather new to this, I think Metal Gear would be classified as a foil.  But boy, it didn't act like your typical one.  It went on smooth and without streaks.

Here it is in the sun:
This is after one day of wear.  There is a bit of tip wear but I didn't take the necessary steps to counter it.  I used one BS, 2 coats of Seche Clear, 2 coats of polish, and finished with 1 coat Seche Clear then Seche Vite.
Here's how it looked inside by a sunny window.  High shine.  And I think the shiniest orange I have ever seen.  I'm not into orange polish because I don't think it looks great against my blue-tone skin.  However, Metal Gear is so pretty I'm willing to throw caution to the wind and wear it. 

Today I'm getting a professional manicure to deal with the dead skin around the cuticles.  I'm starting to pick at it, albeit with my cuticle trimmers.  But I can't seem to make it look clean.  Oh, and a pedicure is apart of this day of luxury. :)

What do you think of this hot, summer color?  Think it's good for summer or, better off as a fall color?  Both?  And, do you like/wear orange polish?  I'm very interested in your thoughts.

5 comments:

Susie on June 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM said...

That is one pretty color. I don't own any Milani's. I've heard they are in the local stores but haven't seen any.
Susie

jbrobeck on June 6, 2010 at 12:04 AM said...

i love milani's but i can never find the LE collections! grr!

KarenD on June 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM said...

I gave up looking for this display and swapped for two of the three I most wanted--then the very same day that package arrived, I found the display & got the other one I wanted. Hope to swatch them soon.

This color says "autumn" to me, but I am usually not much into orange polish at all since doesn't really flatter my pale pink skin.

Celestial Times on June 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM said...

I would so wear that on my toes. Love that color.

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM said...

Celeste, you'd have such fun with this color. Very unexpected beauty.

Karen, I didn't think orange would go with my pink skin. But, I figured I'd just look at the polish and not my skin. ;)

JB & Susie, I only found one CVS that had this display. I checked 2 other stores and they didn't have it in. That's why I went right back to the first one and nabbed a few more!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates