UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Goth + Sparkle = Edward???

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Goth + Sparkle = Edward???

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/19/2010 07:52:00 PM
In my days of goth, you didn't have anything that sparkled.  Even your belt and jewelry didn't sparkle or, really shine.  But since the goth look has been around for decades (sorry, new generation, you are NOT the first to have this look!), I guess it would have to have some sort of new twist or morph.

The 'Underground' polish from the Glam Goth collection by Ulta, was the first dive I made into this Goth Collection.  After 4 days it looked crappy.  So last night I was playing around wondering what the next NOTD was going to be.  I'm digging in this huge mound of new polishes (you know they multiply like rabbits, don't you?) and I thought I'd try an overlay on to see what happens.
Guess what did happen....
As I mentioned, the Underground didn't look so nice.  What you are viewing here is a redo of the Underground and four different overlays.  Yea, I like to OD on things like sparkle.

Here's what they are: index finger, Milani's Cyberspace from the 3D Holographic collection; middle finger is Wet 'n Wild's Hallucinate from the Wild Shine collection; Savvy Femme Couture's Glass Slipper on the ring finger; and finally on the pinky is China Glaze's Glacier, I do not know what collection this is from but Vampy Varnish reviewed the collection here.
                                            Vampires out in the sunlight.
Cyberspace on the index finger.  Milky bluish white. Not so great of an overlay polish.  At least with dark, dark teal black.
Hallucinate on the middle finger.  Super twinkly with teal and blurple tiny glitter.
Glass Slipper is on the ring finger (seems bashful here). Dense blue glimmer.  High shiny-ness.
      Glacier on the pinky.  The clearance sticker is still on the bottle from Sally's.  I get some sort of satisfaction leaving the clearance stickers on. This overlay is like the Hallucinate, just in pink/fuchsia sparkles.

And, as I said earlier, I OD on glitter, sparkly polish.  So, now you won't be surprised when you see that my next posting will be even more on the right hand!

Do you like?  Which one best?  For me, I like the Glass Slipper.  It casts a teal iridescent shimmer.  It doesn't 'look' like an overlay.

3 comments:

polishedlyrics on June 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM said...

They are all fun! I dont have any of those polishes you used but one day I'll have those Milanis :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM said...

Jessica, you don't have any Milanis? Oh, how sad! Are you in the States?

Susie on June 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM said...

COOL. I like the index finger the best. :)
Susie

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates