UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: New Polish, New Love

Friday, June 25, 2010

New Polish, New Love

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/25/2010 09:30:00 PM
Just a few days ago, I spotted an endcap at CVS FULL of two new lines of polish!  I was more giddy than a teen on her first date. 

One of the first picks was of this beauty...
This is Confetti's Moonstruck.  I wasn't all into the color until after I finished the manicure.
What an interesting color.  It's a medium gray but it has purple too.  So here's my attempt at deciphering the color: a dusty, deep lavender gray.
This photo outdoors captures the color quite honestly.

There's nothing outstanding about the application.  First coat was almost opaque, the second did the deed.  I have on BS, 2 coats of Moonstruck, 2 coats of Seche Clear and finishing with Seche Vite.

Work has been very heavy this month.  Not complaining!  Just sported this mani longer than 4 days.  And the wear was minimal.  That's the very best thing about this kiddo.  It dried ok, it applied ok and it removed off ok.  With that, I'd say it performed pretty darn good for a buck ninety-nine polish.
A nice sunny day to show off a cool color and dry cuticles.  I'm working on the cuticles with lots of Lemony Flutter and Haken Cuticle Oil.  The photo isn't showing the great shine that this one has but, my thumb does a fairly good job of it.  You can see just a bit of tip wear.  I don't usually wrap my polish though.
The sunny window does a better job of showing the shiny gloss of this creme.  Or, is it 'cream.'  No, it's 'creme.'  I'll call it a winner.

What do you think of this color?  Be honest; I don't have stock in the polish. ;) I sure didn't think it was my cup of tea but, I picked it because blogging about nail polish moves me away from my typical pinks and reds.

Are there enough photos to make the review optimal?  I'm still a newbie (and how long will it take til I'm not a newbie anymore?) so I'm just using my own interpretation of great makeup blogs I follow.  I like the ones with lots of photos.  Constructive criticism is always appreciated. :)

Oh...yea...P.S. I will be announcing a giveaway soon! I'm excited about it too!!!! :D

5 comments:

Rebecca on June 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM said...

This looks like Models Own Purple-Grey or Grey-Purple. I can never remember which way round it goes :D

ABOP Laquerlove on June 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM said...

I picked this and a few others up in CVS two days ago. Can't wait to try them out!

Megan Harmeyer on June 26, 2010 at 4:06 PM said...

I caught these by accident at our CVS - it wasn't in the usual makeup area. I *wanted* to get one but I couldn't decide which ones.

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM said...

@ Rebecca Did you do a swatch on it? I have yet to get a Models Own polish.

@ ABOP I KNOW you'd get some cool ones! Can't hardly wait to see which one you'll swatch first!

@ Megan Was it overwhelming for you? I was as excited as a contestant on The Price Is Right. lol

Unknown on August 5, 2010 at 4:02 PM said...

YAy! I love it!! It really is super shiny too :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates