UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: In The Teal of the Night

Saturday, June 19, 2010

In The Teal of the Night

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/19/2010 07:23:00 PM
If you are going to be a follower (and I hope you continue to be!), then you are going to learn pretty quick that I'm corny.  I, actually, think I'm clever.  However, it seems to matter where the perspective comes from.

So, I came up with 'In the Teal of the Night' as a name for this polish...
What you are seeing here is one of the polishes from Ulta's Goth Collection.  Before I show you the picture of the collection, I have to explain the nails. This photo was taken after only a little over 24 hours of wear. And my cuticles are terribly craggy. I used to pick and bite the hell out of them before I started nail blogging.  They are still working on getting their 'healthy look' on.  Just had to get in that disclaimer.
This is how it came packaged.  It's just a bear to capture this in the plastic.
One thing that the photo does pick up is the very subtle shades in each of these polishes.  It's really hard to see them IRL; they all look black until you twinkle the bottle.

The Glam Goth set has 5 shades: Black Lace (dark grey creme), Tainted Love (green with green and gold microglitter), For Bitten (Black with red microglitter), After Hours (black with purple shimmer), and Underground (black with blue shimmer).  I had to snag these names and descriptions from the Ulta site.  The label on the bottom is so minuscule and in black ink.  I couldn't even see it with my readers on.


What I tried out was the Underground.  But I came up with the 'In the Teal of the Night' before I could figure out the true name.  I thought the color looked like a deep, black teal color compared to other blue polishes.  Thus, the creative endeavor at naming it.
Ick!  And I was sporting a BC, two layers of Seche Clear, 2 coats of color, another 2 coats of Seche Clear, with a finishing top of Seche Vite.  ??? Now, I liked the color, that was cool.  But it could have lasted more than just a day.  And after 4 days, I just couldn't even take a photo of that because it was just too horrid.

Quick rundown, small bottle, great collection, wicked colors, brush is 'meh,' application is 'meh.'  And how do I feel about my purchase; I am glad I have it.  Great to play with when I want to feel a bit naughty. ;)

Can you see the subtle play of the color?  How about in the photos of my nails, can you see the teal?  If you have this, do you like it?  I'm going to show you some more 'play' with it in an upcoming blog post.

3 comments:

Wendi_ThroatPunch on June 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM said...

OOOO that's a pretty neat collection. Right up my alley!

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 19, 2010 at 8:02 PM said...

Hee hee! It sure is, Wendi!

Rebecca on June 20, 2010 at 7:44 AM said...

looking forward to seeing the green!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates