UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Glowing Pumpkin Fun

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Glowing Pumpkin Fun

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/16/2010 03:38:00 PM
Oh, my goodness!  I love a good treat and only a fun, harmless trick.  I got a little of both with these polishes.

These two are glow-in-the-dark polishes.  I've had them for several years.  Truly, the polishes barely glow but I love these stinkin' lil' pumpkins.

 Sally's had some Savvy color collections this summer and the colors were just yummy!  However, what's in the bottle does NOT translate onto the nail.  I knew that, since that seems to be the Savvy way.  I'm really glad that I didn't pay pull price for this one.  It's 'Fairy Twinkle' I have on here.  {They had a 'Fairy Tinkle' but it was a terrible yellow; not appealing!  ;) }  Very sheer and something I wouldn't hesitate to let a young child wear.
I knew better than to get my hopes up but, crap!  Look how pretty this bright pastel pink is with the gold micro-glitter!  It still looked very 'gossamer' on my nails though.

The Savvy summer collections had shimmers too.  I got this one, NOT on sale.  I couldn't resist this color...

'Orange You Happy' did make me happy.  I feel it's a summer orange but, it does work well for Halloween too.  I like the yellow color veins through this.
After 3 coats, this color is almost opaque.  Very high shine.

So, with the couple of pumpkins I showed at the opened of this post, I think you see where I'm heading.

'Fairy Twinkle' got a hint of some iridescent sparkles from the pink pumpkin polish.  The iridescent color just blended into the faint pink.

It didn't change the 'Orange You Happy' much either, save for giving iridescent sparkles.  Faint but there.

You might wonder if these pumpkin colors really do glow.  I went to my friend's house with these so I could paint her 8 year-old daugther's nails.  Just as I had done, one hand was orange, the other pink.  She held them up to the window for a bit, then we ran into the laundry room, lights out and they gave off a hint of glow.  Enough to put a smile on a little girl's face.  Her almost 4 year old brother wanted his nails painted so bad.  But his mommy didn't want a little boy to have polish one.  I talked her into letting me put orange on  just one toe nail.  We ran into the laundry room and he was as pleased as punch to have one glowing toe.

As far as the Savvy polishes, I'm going to keep 'Orange You Happy' because I am happy with it.  'Fairy Twinkle' will be tested as an overlay someday or, go into a box for later frankens.

One last thing: my latest giveaway ends tonight at 10 PM, EST.  Check it out and enter!!!

4 comments:

The Phalanges Friend on October 16, 2010 at 7:07 PM said...

LOL @ your friend's little boy and his glowing toe!! Ahh children are so freaking cute...they know how to enjoy the simple things. Like one glowing toe. Ahahaha!!

And I love what you did with the pumpkin polishes! The pink look is my favorite. I was stupid enough to buy the milky white pumpkin, that dulls every single color you put it over, except for like white. Which tends to look hideous on me. Dumb me. LOL.

The Peach on October 16, 2010 at 8:53 PM said...

What fun! I love Orange You Happy! A great Halloween color. And that is too funny about the little boy. It's the glow in the dark factor, not the nail polish that he was interested in mom!

The Beauty B. on October 17, 2010 at 12:13 AM said...

Those are the cutest polishes ever!

auroragyps on October 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM said...

I bought a bunch of those sheer glittery Savvy polishes and they look AMAZING over other colors. Pink Twinkle, Green with Envy, & Knightly Armour can be worn alone too, but need a few coats to build up the color. Magic Pumpkin is my favorite though, because it's a sheer shimmery orange with a green sheen... I bet it would look great over Orange You Happy.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates