UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: What's That Smell? He Who Smelled It; Dealt It!!!

Friday, October 8, 2010

What's That Smell? He Who Smelled It; Dealt It!!!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/08/2010 09:02:00 PM
Have you found that NYC polish is another one that can be hit or miss?
Here's one called 'Big Money Frost.'  I must have Halloween on the brain because I swear when I first read this tonight, I thought it said 'Big Monster Feist.'  Well, considering the season, I like that better.  Maybe, in the same vein as my 'Ogre Snot', this could be 'Big Monster Fart!'  You know, a noxious green gas??  Haa haa haaa!  Pe-yew!!!
No matter how you look at it, it IS a frost.  I really am not a big (monster) fan of frosts but green (worms) has grown on me lately (in the form of moss...on my North side).


I polished (grew) it on my toes.  Yea, it's a bit watery but I could have put on about 7 more coats and it would have been the color in the bottle (swamp).  NYC polishes are about as full of quality as Sally's Femme Couture, or even Nicole Richie.

'Big Money Frost' is really watery and the top is small, making it not too easy to handle.  The brush is long but it is easy for me to polish with.  I just didn't seem to have the patience to put on more than the 4 coats I have applied here.  It's even going bald in the middle of my big toe.

If it would only look like this after only 3 coats, I'd give a better rating.  I'm not going to toss it off yet.  I think I'll give it another chance on my finger nails.

Do you think I should give it a second chance?

10 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on October 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM said...

It's kinda just meh, huh? Maybe if you layered it over a darker green or something.

I tagged you for an award:
http://kitschysuburbia.blogspot.com/2010/10/they-like-me.html

Lace Escapades on October 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM said...

I have a green that is very close to that, and I think it's called "Moneybag Frost," and it might be by Maybelline. I layer it over gold polish and navy blue polish, and I think it helps amp up the sheer green. Maybe you should try layering?

paintedladyfingers on October 9, 2010 at 2:18 AM said...

I did a manicure with Big Money Frost last year: http://paintedladyfingers.blogspot.com/2009/08/seafoam-and-fortune.html. I used it for layering. I am mainly leaving you the link so you can see a super floofy cat photo! xoxo!

paintedladyfingers on October 9, 2010 at 2:19 AM said...

Oh...I thought he was a Balinese at the time, but Fortune is a ragdoll cat.

R.ChamberofBeauty on October 9, 2010 at 2:26 AM said...

Hey lovely color...Great blog!

The Beauty B. on October 9, 2010 at 3:08 AM said...

Haha, I love this post! Very cute!

Lois on October 9, 2010 at 3:11 AM said...

Hmmm, I don't think I really like it...

Ladyofthelaake on October 9, 2010 at 4:13 AM said...

Well I can't help thinking that we must always give a polish a second chance, but still, after 4 coats and still this sheer, I couldn't imagine even trying that on my hands *faints*

However, you can still give it a try... and until that time, hide it very deeply in the bottom of a drawer you never open, who knows?
Well too bad, the colour in the bottle is appealing.

The Preppy Student on October 9, 2010 at 6:23 AM said...

NYC colors are never the best but this is a really unique shade! maybe this will make a good franken?

The Peach on October 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM said...

No, don't give it a second chance. NYC polish is definitely hit and miss. I'm going with "Big Monster Fart" on this one! It would have been a pretty color if it wasn't such a thin polish.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates