UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Kaleidoscope Of A Better Place

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Kaleidoscope Of A Better Place

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/17/2010 10:06:00 PM
It was a heart-breaking day when I found out  Michael Jackson had died.  The reality couldn't sink in.  I wanted the news to be wrong and come back and retract what had been reported.  But it didn't happen.

Even though I don't watch a lot of TV, I watched the funeral.  Then, I went to the movie, 'This Is It', and cried all over again.

How could I not think of MJ when I saw the name of this polish by Sinful Colors?

 Rats!  The photo didn't pick up the gold and iridescent micro-glitter.  Twirling the bottle around reminds me of a kaleidoscope.   I had one when I was little and literally played with it for hours.  Well, you KNOW that was well before the 'digital' age. :)

Even though 'This Is It' was thin, I put on enough coats to give it some depth.  I was determined to get that kaleidoscope of micro glitters to twinkle of my nails.
And yes, I do have my bare foot propped right up on my antique desk.  lol  I'm a bit sorry I put this on my toes because, well, my toes don't get as close to my face as it used to.  However, my foot does come up enough for me to put it in my mouth.
If you have never used Sinful Colors before, they are a very inexpensive nail polish treat you can get at Walgreens for $1.99.  Very often they will have them on sale at $.99.  Even though one color can last forever, a bag full of them will last long enough for you to know you should become a nail polish blogger.

'This Is It', in typical Sinful Colors fashion, has a chubby top and, I feel that it's easy to hold.  The brush is long and a bit on the skinny side so it can take a few extra strokes to cover a nail.  I'm going to say that this is a gold jelly that has the micro glitter kaleidoscope suspended within it.  There is no problem at all with that glitter transferring onto the nail.  However, because it is a thin polish,  I had to use about 5 thin coats to get enough coverage to make me happy.  I finished with Seche Clear and then Vite.

And I can't close this post without sharing my favorite MJ song:
The Man in the Mirror
There Will Only Be One King Of Pop ~ RIP

2 comments:

The Preppy Student on October 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM said...

this color is AWESOME!

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM said...

@Toesthattwinkle! Isn't it? It would make a great holiday color too.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates