UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Being a Nail Polish Matchmaker

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Being a Nail Polish Matchmaker

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/23/2010 10:12:00 PM
Borghese Nail Polish as always struck me as a chic and cosmopolitan company.  Truthfully, I have no idea about them.  It's purely on speculation.  It's from the name, from the shape of the bottle and right down to the sophisticated colors.
Here's 'Bella Berry'...
Almost sounds like 'Build-A-Bear'!  hee hee!
Just the slightest bit of tip wear after 2 days.  Enough to annoy me.  However, the polish applied easily.  I could have gotten away with 2 coats but I did three.  I have Seche Clear and then Vite on top.

A true vampy color, I just adore!

I know this will be annoying to some that I have failed to do a decent clean up.  I'm blaming it on not having enough corrector pens.  The only one I had at the time was smeared from a blue polish prior.  Eh, I'll just admire the deep, velvety purple color instead.  I must say, vampy colors are truly the only creme polishes I love.

Before moving on to the next mani, I put on an overlay, just to play...

From one of Revlon's newer collections, this is 'Slipper.'  Created to be a top coat, this one WILL be showing up again later in the year on this blog.  Glittery goodness!!

Provided this had been a 'fresh' manicure, this would have been a complete success.  A happy marriage of Borghese's 'Bella Berry' and Revlon's 'Slipper.'

Are you over all these 'Twilight' references as I am?  Do you hope vampy colors stay in vogue for a long time?  I think they are staples just like jeans and blazers; they'll always be around.

10 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on October 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

I love Bella Berry and the layering of Slipper on top makes it even more dazzling!

MissMidnightBlue on October 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

I like this combo its really pretty! :)

Tara on October 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM said...

Did you know that Borghese is owned by the same company that owns Sally Hansen? Coty Cosmetics... I love both of them too.

PS nice pics!!!

The Phalanges Friend on October 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM said...

Ew, I didn't know that Borghese named Bella Berry after Twilight Bella.
I thought it was bella, as in italian bella, as in beautiful. Because all their names are italian. That's disappointing, because I'm definitely over twilight. I've been over it since I tried to read the books and found that the characters were insufferable and the whole thing was poorly written. I do want to watch the movies though, because Rob Patterson is delicious and the effects look cool.

Anyway, the layering experiment looked awesome! Sorry about the tipwear. :(
And I agree that vampies are always going to be en vogue...they're just so classic.

Tempera on October 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM said...

I do love a vamp polish. A trick I learned that is cheap and easy for clean up is use a paintbrush. I picked up some inexpensive brushes in the craft section of the store. Dip the brush in poish remover, make sure it is not dripping and clean around edges. It works very well.

The Preppy Student on October 24, 2010 at 6:38 AM said...

omg this polish looks 10000x nicer with slipper. what a nice combo!

The Peach on October 24, 2010 at 7:36 AM said...

Bella Berry is very pretty! And Slipper...looks like an interesting glitter polish!

Heli'♥beauties on October 24, 2010 at 8:34 AM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Libby's Pink Vanity on October 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM said...

Tara-I didn't know that! Interesting...
Tempera-do you use a stiff-bristled brush? I have an old acrylic brush, very narrow though, and I'm just not getting the hang of it.
ChaosButterfly-sorry if I implied that Bella was connected to 'THE' Twilight hoopla. I think it's just a coincidence. :) But I think anything that can be linked to Twilight will be etched into our brains for a long time. Like 'Star Wars'. ;)
The name 'Bella' makes me think of Bela Lugosi. Who knows, the author may have used the name as a nod to him. I'd like to think so!

Unknown on October 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM said...

Nice post, they really compliment each other well :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates