UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: It Was A Cold And Dreary Night...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

It Was A Cold And Dreary Night...

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/30/2010 06:43:00 PM
...but, it was NOT in Orlando, FL.  Almost 90 degrees last week and now next week too?  Ugh, can it at LEAST get down to 80???  Just gives my brother another opportunity to rub it in how wonderful the weather is in Colorado.  (He better be careful; I just might move in, AGAIN, with him and his family!!!!)

I swear it feels more like the end of August instead of Halloween.  Sigh, such is Florida.

My Halloween manicures help give me a bit of the 'spirit' of the holiday.

First up is one of the coolest Halloween polishes I've seen in a long time...

China Glaze's 'Ick-A-Body.'  I get the name, but the 'Ick' part was when I went to remove the polish.  Holy cuss words!  But first, let me mention that the first coat of this was terrible.  It's where you get to see, at least, that the base color is a sick, swampy green.  So, it took about the third coat for it to come around and look like the other photos I have seen on other blogs.

I have on a BC, 3 coats of Ick-A-Body, 2 coats of Seche Clear and two coats of Seche Vite that was thicker than slime off a Zombie.  However, I have started a new work project and horror, upon horrors!!!!!!....I end up using my nails as tools.  Bad, Kimberly, bad!!!  Thus, there is wear on this after 2 days.  Which isn't as bad as it should be, thanks to that second coat of Vite glob.

Yes, the polish was gritty and it took a bit of effort to get the glitter to stay down by the cuticle, and it was really hard (OK, it was a royal *%^#$) to clean up because that micro-glitter was stubborn as a three-year-old or, a getting a husband to come kill a spider in the corner of the ceiling.  I didn't mind at all, though.  I think this is one WICKED polish!!!

But, since Halloween is coming to a close...
{Entering a nicely cued plug for my Breast Cancer Awareness giveaway  ending tomorrow night at 10 PM EST} I wanted to move on to my traditional Halloween polish.

Wet'n'Wild's Fantasy Makers collection...'Vamp Red.'  I have no idea how long this polish has been 'dead', I've had it that long.  It showed its age this year by being a thick witch's brew.  I have on 3 coats of the color and had to put on 2 coats of Vite to smooth it out.  But the best part is the packaging; I love the tombstone!!
The deepest of black red, this is one of my very favorite colors.  Funny coming from a nail blogger that promotes pink, eh?  Vamp Red did not hold up at all.  Regardless of using a base coat and two layers of Seche Clear.  Chipped away like the confession of a mom that raids her kids' Halloween candy.  Sorry, Vamp, you went from 'Vamp' to 'Tramp' by chipping off.

And, last....I think this guy is going to be my only Trick-or-Treater...
He showed up on my patio when I went out to take some photos tonight.  When I asked this chameleon what he was dressed up to be, he just said 'Gecko!'  I gave him a gnat and he was quite happy.  Look at how long his tail is!  I noticed this year the tails were longer than usual.  Hopefully, it helps them escape from being a 'treat' to a bird.

Happy Halloween, dear readers.  If tomorrow is your New Year's Eve, Happy Samhain to you!

2 comments:

The Preppy Student on October 30, 2010 at 6:52 PM said...

i love the china glaze ick-abody! its such a cool color and the gravestone packaging is adorable.

MissMidnightBlue on October 30, 2010 at 9:10 PM said...

I just had ick a body on, man was it a PITA to come off, I love it though.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates