UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Striking Gold

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Striking Gold

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/09/2010 08:51:00 PM
Just to be on the safe side, put on some sun screen....
Here's Milani's 'Melt in the Sun.'  I don't think I have a more brilliant, shiny gold. 
I love this color.  Truly.  The sparkles can only barely be seen in the bottle and my nails.  But the sparkles in this polish are gorgeous.  There's flecks of gold, copper and maybe a green that is super light.  Or, it could just be the light playing off the micro-glitter.
This sunlight photo outshines the sun!  This is part of Milani's core colors.  And I like the shape of their bottles; they're just easy to hold.  The brush is long, but not really skinny.  I can deal with it.  Just as a warning; this polish is stinky!  It's strong.

Ready to strike gold again?
This is China Glaze's 'Twenty-Four K.'   This is a shimmer and is more golden when compared to 'Melt in the Sun.'  Talk about a lovely application!  It's China Glaze good! 
Nice, chubby top makes for easy application.  And, this polish was watery with the first coat but, it straightened right up after the second.
What a sublime gold shade for summer.  I don't wear flip flops, but I sort of wish I did to show off my golden piggies.
This gold is Princessa's 'Picking on Waikiki.'  OK...whatever.  I got this at XXI Forever.  Please, feel free to clue me in on the meaning of this polish's name.

Here's 3 coats just like the others.  Whoa!  There's no hiding the 'VNL' (Visible Nail Line) with this polish.  It's one that is cute as all get-out in the bottle, however, I knew it was going to be watery.  I still got it because I think it is going to make a great layering polish.  Maybe a franken when I learn more about how to do this.

This light isn't picking up the iridescent micro-glitter in the polish.  The base color is a very pale gold but it was the glitter!  OMG...The Glitter!!!  I can look the other way for this polish giving me VNL because I know it's going to make for one hot overlay polish.
The top is damn near identical to the China Glaze one.  It's chubby and easy to hold onto.  But 'Picking on Waikiki' has a thin brush.  Not the favorite of nail bloggers. 

I like these gold polishes for different uses.  The three of them will stay in the 'keep' bin.
My fav, though, is the Milani's 'Melt in the Sun.'
Which one is your favorite?  Do you have a different favorite gold?

4 comments:

The Preppy Student on October 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM said...

I love gold polishes! the milani is great!

The Beauty B. on October 10, 2010 at 3:56 PM said...

I love Milani! What a gorgeous gold.

Phyrra on October 10, 2010 at 11:11 PM said...

I love the Milani! So rich!

Unknown on October 11, 2010 at 12:54 PM said...

Wow! The Milani is awesome on you, solid gold! :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates