UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: China Glaze's CG in the City With Skittles

Monday, August 29, 2011

China Glaze's CG in the City With Skittles

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/29/2011 05:54:00 PM
I have been doing 'skittle' manicures lately to highlight several different looks that an overlay polish can create. I, recently, did a skittles mani and reviewed it here.

So, here I am, at it again. First is China Glaze's 'CG in the City'...

'CG in the City' (get it...CG = China Glaze) is a wholesome, sparkly confection. In a purple, translucent base, there is silver, iridescent and dark purple glitter...lots of it. I wanted the look of the polish in the bottle to be the same as on my nails.

I didn't get what I was looking for...


 After I did the pinky, with 3 coats of 'CG in the City' and didn't get the opaqueness I was looking for, I went looking for a way to give this polish more flavor.

That means SKITTLE TIME...
First is, China Glaze's 'Cyperspace'; Color Club's 'Give Me A Hint'; Cult Nail's 'My Kind of Kool-Aid'; Color Club's 'I Believe in Amor'; and Cosmetic Art's No Name Bright Pink.

Each one of these is gorgeous in it's own right...
China Glaze's 'Cyperspace'; Color Club's 'Give Me A Hint'; Cult Nail's 'My Kind of Kool-Aid.'
Color Club's 'I Believe in Amor'; and Cosmetic Art's No Name Bright Pink.

Here is what they each look like with one coat of 'CG in the City'...

From thumb to pinkie: Color Club's 'I Believe in Amor'; Cult Nails' 'My Kind of Kool-Aid'; Color Club's 'Give Me a Hint'; and 3 coats of China Glaze's 'CG in the City.'

On the right thumb, I have Cosmetic Arts' No Name Bright Pink...

As gritty as these may look, after one top coat of China Glaze's 'Fast Forward Top Coat,' this wasn't really all that bumpy. I think if I would have put on a coat of Seche Vite, maybe even, two coats, it would have been really smooth. However, I don't mind gritty polish. Just as long as it doesn't snag my clothes or peel off like some large glitter will do.

Take one more look and I'll tell you what my favorites are..
The middle finger has Cult Nails' 'My Kind of Kool-Aid' applied. It gives the look lots of depth. The iridescent and silver glitter show up quite well. This is my second favorite pairing.

On the index finger, I used China Glaze's 'Cyberspace.' It is a very glittery polish on its own. As a purply-beige, it polishes opaque and, the glitter is more subdue than the 'CG in the City.' Putting them together creates a dusty lavender with a lot of glitter inside. The balancing act of the purple 'CG in the City' and the purplish-beige in 'Cyberspace' softens the overall shade. This is my favorite combo.

Tell me which combo you like or, do you think you'd wear 'CG in the City' alone?

3 comments:

Makeup and Mutts on August 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM said...

I love it with the bright pink! So pretty! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM said...

@Vintage Makeup Really? That is the one I least liked. LOL

Nicole on August 30, 2011 at 12:13 AM said...

Haha, I kind of like it with the bright pink too! But these are all pretty combinations Kim. I wore it alone for my swatch but I'm going to play with layering it!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates