UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sparkly, Shimmery Bath and Body Works Gloss Does Add Up

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sparkly, Shimmery Bath and Body Works Gloss Does Add Up

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/12/2011 10:12:00 PM
Fall and Winter Holidays are my VERY, VERY favorite time at Bath and Body Works. Today I got a chance to take in some of that. I had a birthday gift to pick up for a party I'm going to tomorrow. And what woman doesn't like that store? Or the *cough,candles,cough* they have?

And, who can resist getting something for herself while she's gift shopping...


Even after this morning's lecture, (and I can honestly say it is a 'lecture' because my hubs is a professor/university dean/blowhard)  on how the consumer is tricked into thinking they are saving money on the BOGO 1/2 off or the buy 2 get a third one free gimmicks...I purchased these as a buy 2 get a third one free. (She who goes along with the lecture still comes home with goodies.)



I'm a sucker for iridescent lip glosses. These cuties were from a huge line of glosses Bath and Body Works has to pick from.



'Fabulous' has a peachy base for the iridescent and gold glitter. The gold faceted top, to the name 'Fabulous', this gloss delivers. The strawberry flavor and scent are not overwhelming as the 'Glamorous', which I'll get to. But it is there and in just the right levels for me. The gloss is a bit tacky but it is not gritty or grainy. It did make my pucker feel pretty.



'Glamorous' is minty with a capital 'M'. You know those York Peppermint Patty commercials? 'Glamorous' could give that sensation a run for its money! The soft, milky base has the pink/fuchsia glitter/shimmer. This one, too, is tacky but gets less tacky when you smack your lips a few times. This was the one that I opened up first, the moment I got into my car. For a nice pick-me-up, 'Glamorous' could give you a cool and refreshing break without the caffeine jolt. It made my lips feel lively.



'White Sugar Pop' is a gloss monger's dream. Like Pavol's dog, just smelling this sugar cookie scent got me salivating. 'White Sugar Pop' is a creamy white with true iridescent, shifting from pink to sea foam green. Not as tacky as the first two, you can wear this alone or saddle it up with a lipstick. A placement on my pout and I was tilting my head back and forth to check out the shimmer.

Gloss swatches are tricky if they are not rich in pigment...






From top to bottom: 'Fabulous', 'Glamorous', and 'White Sugar Pop.


Can you say 'learn to crop'? I'm just lazy. I have on just 'White Sugar Pop'. I'm sniffing and sparkly all at the same time. WooT!

Regardless of what 'Dean Vanity' says, I got these 'buy 2 and get 1 free'. They are $8 a piece or, with the special, $5.33 each. Since the deal was for a total of three, I actually DID save money.

If the special would have been buy 3 get 2 free, they would have been $4.80 a piece. Being compelled to get a total of 5, that would have cost $24 as opposed to the $16 I spent today. My hubs says 'if you spent money, you did NOT save money.'

I never did like accounting.

Which gloss do you like best? Do you go for the 'special' pricings as I do?

11 comments:

Sarah on August 12, 2011 at 10:19 PM said...

lol, I understand the concept behind how your hubby thinks. Although, in my mind, I am probably going to buy lip gloss, nail polish, makeup, or whatever anyways. So, to me, it's better to get it on sale and get more for the amount that I would have spent anyways. If that makes sense.

Jeweled Thumb on August 12, 2011 at 10:25 PM said...

Your hubby sounds like mine! But mine is a librarian.

Fun glosses though. =)

The Peach on August 12, 2011 at 10:56 PM said...

I'm a sucker for glosses like these too! Your husband cracks me up! But its a sale! How can you turn it down!

sandryca on August 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM said...

wiii... like it. White sugar pop is my FAV :)**

R.ChamberofBeauty on August 13, 2011 at 1:35 AM said...

wow..lovely shades..White sugar pop is my favorite :D

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM said...

@Sarah That's how I see it. I refuse to look at the accounting/spending/saving side of it all. I just know what I want. :)

@Jeweled Thumb A friend that can relate! The glosses are adorable.

@Peach That's cool that your hubby laughs. I go in for just one thing and well, the rest is history (so is my money). :)

@sandryca I think white sugar pop is the most fun. And what's not to like about these glosses? You can carry them all summer long and if you put the top on correctly, they don't leak or melt.

@Rakshanda Looks like white sugar pop is well-known here! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

Anonymous said...

SUGAR COOKIE! My Twitter avi isn't Cookie Monster for nothing! LOL!

I'll skip the mint. The strawberry might be interesting but my fave would be sugar cookie definitely!

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM said...

@kittypolishnbags Then I KNOW you need to get over to B&BW and check this one out. :)

Amanda Tempel on August 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM said...

I really like Fabulous! I LOVE Strawberry anything, and plus I like the light pink shade! Also I think the tube looks pretty cool too, especially that cool lid :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM said...

@Amanda T Girlie, you need to get yourself to B&BW!! :)

Pretty Lady on August 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM said...

These would be great for stocking stuffers too.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates