UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Camel on a Catwalk

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Camel on a Catwalk

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/10/2011 05:43:00 PM
Fall is right around the corner....right? Please agree; give me hope.

The Fall nail polish shades being released are, indeed, giving me hope.

Here's one from the Fall collection by Finger Paints...


This is 'Catwalk Queen.' This is one true, camel color. A tan color with a bit of yellow hue in it, it is an interesting shade. I wasn't sure I was going to like it. And, quite honestly, I didn't. I don't know what is going on with this bottle, but the color has separated at the top and at the bottom. You can see, with the first photo, that there's something funky going on at the bottom. I think it is either the formula itself or, that this bottle may have gotten hot somewhere in the shipment. It was like this when I got it at Sally's.

About 2 hours after I applied this polish, it really did grow on me...



Being a lighter shade, it is very easy to see what part of the gel enhancement is left on my poor, abused nails. Little bit by little bit, my nails are growing and healing.

I have on 3 coats along with a top coat of Sally Hansen's 'Teflon Tuff' nail protector.

While outside, in my backyard, I took these photos in the patio, in the shade.

I got a good laugh that 'Catwalk Queen' matches the color of my house...



'Catwalk Queen' is a captivating color. I like it more now than when I first saw it. It is, most definitely, a Fall shade. And, even though I wouldn't wear any clothes this color, I would wear something this shade as an accessory. Which is totally what my nail polish is, to me, an accessory to my look.

6 comments:

Swatch And Learn on August 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

I like these kind of colours - they have a retro vibe to me. But they always clash terribly with my skin tone and make me look like I'm wearing a Band-Aid! :(

So jealous of people who can wear this shade. So pretty!
- Mary

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM said...

@SwatchandLearn LOL, on the bandaid. Well, I think this color looked a bit weird on my fingers. I will try it again when my nails are healed. Did you get my book recommendations? :)

Nicole on August 11, 2011 at 12:33 AM said...

Kim, your little favicon is adorable!
I want this color and it probably won't look right on me, but I want it anyway. I love those kinds of shades and they just never work, no matter how much I love them. They're funky and retro!

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 11, 2011 at 8:41 AM said...

@Nicole Thanks, dear! It reminds me of the 'L' Laverne from 'Laverne and Shirley'. LOL I don't think this one really looks well on me, shade-wise. But I like it so much, I threw caution to the wind. ;)

Makeup and Mutts on August 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM said...

Really pretty on you! I wonder how it'd look topped with glitter? :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM said...

@Vintage Makeup Or, how about a glitter crackle? Hmm...you got my brain cogs moving!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates