UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Hypnotizing Skittles

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hypnotizing Skittles

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/25/2011 08:32:00 PM
Almost everyone likes Skittles. Even if they don't, they do know what they are.

In nail blog land, skittles means putting different color polishes on each of your nails. It also can mean using the same polish as an overlay and different base coats or, vice versa.

This time, I'm going to show you different base coats to showcase Cult Nail's 'Hypnotize Me' as an overlay.

'Hypnotize Me' is a jelly polish with a light, translucent green base. Then it is loaded up with a ton of green and turquoise glitter.

Here's the line up of the base polishes I tried out with 'Hypnotize Me'...
First, is 'Hypnotize Me'; Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth Miracle 'Gentle Blossom'; Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear 'Black Out'; Cosmetic Arts no name Baby Blue; and last, Artmatic's #37 white creme.

Here is a closer look at each of these...
This is 'Hypnotize Me' alone on my thumb. This is 2 coats, no top coat.

And, here are the skittles...


From top to bottom: Cosmetic Art's 'Baby Blue'; Artmatic #037; SH's 'Black Out'; and SH's 'Gentle Blossom.' Each base is 2 coats and 2 coats following with 'Hypnotize Me.' Looking at these, I bet you thought I'd go with the 'Black Out.'

Well, I was until I looked at this shade and changed my mind...
This is 'Vintage Velvet' from Finger Paint's new Fall collection.
Pretty wicked together. Reminds me of the ocean. I have 2 coats of 'Vintage Velvet' and 2 coats of 'Hypnotize Me.' I don't have on any top coat. 'Hypnotize Me' is shiny enough without one.

Cult Nails can be purchased from their website. Finger Paints are found at Sally's. It might seem odd, but I enjoyed wearing my skittles for the day.

I like the grape flavored Skittles. Which one do you like? How are you going to wear your 'Hypnotize Me'?

4 comments:

Sarah on August 25, 2011 at 9:00 PM said...

Very pretty! I'm not daring enough to wear each of my nails a different color. lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the combo on your ring finger! Pretty!

Megan Harmeyer on August 25, 2011 at 9:33 PM said...

LOVE! I really need to pick this one up. Really.

Aenaria on August 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM said...

I just got Hypnotize Me in the mail when I got home from work today - it's soooooo wonderful! In my eagerness to test it out I layered it over my current mani, which is Essie Mint Candy Apple. It's a more subtle look than layering it over SH Black Out above (which looks brilliant), more of a seaglass green with these blue and turquoise sparkles. I rather like. :) Thanks for these skittles - gives me lots of ideas for future layering!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates