UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Manicure 'Sam-mich'

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Manicure 'Sam-mich'

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/31/2011 07:46:00 PM
This trend of creating a nail polish sandwich (we say 'sam-mich' in my house....because we're weird like that) is really cute. And I am enjoying the creativity that it beckons.

Go here and look at Nightly Nail's sammich. Durn cute, eh? Hey, she says 'sammich' too! But she's not weird; she's a friend.

And this one....ah, take a look at this one here. This is by Never Enough Nails.

I was at Ulta and spotted this polish by Revlon and 'sandwich' was the first thing that came to my mind.



Revlon's 'Starry Pink.' This is a dusty, light-pinkish lavender that has silver hexagon and micro-glitter.

I liked it because it looks like a 'cheater's' sammich...


I'm sorry...my cuticles need 911! And, can you see that I have, actually, put cuticle oil on them too? Sigh...

However, am I on track here with 'Starry Pink' looking like a polish sandwich. It was a pleasant surprise that it really did have some qualities of the sandwich manicure.

Granted, I am not a fan of dusty pink polishes. I think they look dirty on me. But this one, it almost gets by...

I wore it for a couple of days and it did start to grow on me. I have on two coats with Color Club's 'Vivid': Color Intensifying Top Coat. I used that hoping it would give some luminosity to 'Starry Pink.'

So, what do you think? Want some 'tater chips to go with that sammich? Here's the tidbit on me today; I am not a big sandwich fan at all. There are just a few sandwiches I like. And, this is one that seems to have won me over.

6 comments:

A Polished Touch on August 31, 2011 at 8:39 PM said...

I've started seeing these new Revlon's popping up on everyone's blogs and I'm getting really jealous. They need to come here, QUICKLY! Gorgeous polish.

Anonymous said...

I have been seeing this polish a lot lately! It's on my wish list now! Looks great on your nails! New follower by the way! I think it's cool we have the same banner on our blogs! You are the first I've seen to have the same banner! Great minds think alike! :)

Nicole on August 31, 2011 at 10:29 PM said...

This is the one I want the most out of the three glitters! I actually love it on you. This is what happens when they make the glitter sammich for you hahaha! Thanks for the link sweetie!

KarenD on September 1, 2011 at 9:24 AM said...

Mmm, sandwiches. I love making my own. :)

fingers on September 1, 2011 at 10:02 AM said...

Am not a fan of pinks-but need to try the sammich method!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM said...

@A Polished Touch I'm not, normally, a Revlon fan but this one called to me. And they need to get some of these up to Canada STAT!!

@imfeelingnail-venturous Thank you! And you will like this. We are Kindred Spirits! I am not only following back but admiring your nails too.

@Nicole Revlon took pity on my lazy ass and made a sammich polish for me. You know, they should make a collection of Sammiches...hmmmm

@KarenD I tried a sandwich before and it wasn't too great. But I try. I need to work on my culinary nail skills. ;)

@Fingers Oh, you have to give it a try! It's fun and even if you don't succeed, it's still fun to show and tell. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates