UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: You Can Call Me Kimberly, Or You Can Call Me Zoya's Kimmy, Just Don't Call Me Bubba

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You Can Call Me Kimberly, Or You Can Call Me Zoya's Kimmy, Just Don't Call Me Bubba

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/09/2011 07:35:00 PM
I really hope Libby, the Ragdoll cat, doesn't mind all her nicknames. She responds to them all but, mostly the ones that are linked with the word 'snack.'

I, on the other hand, do not like to be called by nicknames. I don't even like to be called Kim. Somehow, when I was 20, I got the idea that if I was called my proper name, it would make me a grownup. Well, it seemed to have worked and I've just kept it that way.

Oddly enough, there are only 2 people in the world that got away with calling me 'Kimmy'. One of them was my Grandma. I'm the only grandchild that got a nickname from her. I was 'special'.

It seems silly for me to think this, but I wish Zoya would have just called this one 'Kim' or, better yet, 'Kimberly' instead of 'Kimmy'.



And here's the truth...when I saw this, straight out of the box, I didn't like it. I was disappointed. Like, Zoya didn't consult with me, personally, on what color 'Kimmy' should be.

Thus, I set this one aside in lieu of others I thought I liked better.

Looking through my hoard stash, I found this really pretty red. Lo and behold...it was 'Kimmy'!!



I must have come to my senses! This is yum-tastic!




A super, bright red that has a load of gold and red micro-glitter, this one is dazzling. It isn't a vampy red to me but a fun, carnival red shade. I have used 2 coats and a top coat of China Glaze's 'Fast Forward Top Coat' for my manicure.



This was my lesson: Don't make snap judgments about labels. Even if it is my own nickname.

A nickname that I have, is my Mom will call me 'Sis.' I don't know why, but she always has. My hubs, well, the ones he uses to my face are 'Sweetie' and 'Honey.' I think men, however, use those terms because it doesn't get them in trouble. Like accidentally calling you by their ex's name.

Do you have a nickname?

6 comments:

Sarah on August 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM said...

I don't have a nickname, but I love the color! lol. It's gorgeous, I love red shades, but have a hard time pulling them off.

Lisa on August 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM said...

Yeah. I wasn't impressed that "Lisa" was a red foil. I got over it when I put it on LoL

The Peach on August 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM said...

I like Kimmy! Pretty color! I saw you should never judge a color until its swatched. And funny, my dad calls me "sis"!

MissMidnightBlue said...

I like this color. :) I have some nicknames. ;)

Megan Harmeyer on August 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM said...

Dood! Kimmy is MUCH better than Zoya's Megan! I hate that one. Anyway...I really like Kimmy - I'm wearing it now, as a matter of fact. I really like this one, no matter what the name is. LOL As for nicknames, I'm Meggs around the office and to my bestie. Meg to the hubs. And that's about it...for now.

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM said...

@Sarah I pull off blue based reds the best. But reds are my favorite color to wear.

@Lisa I know just what you mean. :)

@Peach I have found that makeup/colors can be a trick lot as far as how it will look.

@MissMidnight It's actually a nice color, yes! My nickname for you is 'Miz.' ;)

@Megan I'll have to get my Zoya book out and check out Megan. How cool that you have Kimmy on. It is a dream to apply too.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates