UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Day Just For Me: Bargain Hunting & Highlights

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Day Just For Me: Bargain Hunting & Highlights

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/24/2011 08:34:00 PM
Ahhh....I'm not only caught up with my work, I'm ahead. So, what does this allot for me today? Uhmmm...shopping! For bargains, of course.

While at Target today, getting household necessities, I found this in the clearance rack...
This cuff bracelet was originally $14.99. From there it went to $10.45, then $7.48 and finally, I picked it up for $3.74.

It's light-weight and I think I can wear it with many different looks. $3.74!! I score!!

This item is from a new Matrix line called 'Total Results.' I got this at Great Clips where I get my hair trimmed. (Did you know they have an app where you can schedule an appointment for yourself?) Kevin, the manager, does a great (get it?) job on trimming and styling my hair. Last week when I got a trim, I saw this...


'Instacure' is a leave-in conditioner. This is the first item I have found in the new 'Total Results' line. I got mini trial sizes of 4 other products at the Orlando Premiere back in June. I fell in love with them and thus, have been jonesing to get my hands on full size bottles. The two I'm really looking forward to treating my locks to are 'Silk Wonder' and 'Miracle Treat 12.'

I am highlighting my hair today. Yes, by myself. I can't believe I am. It's only been this year that I have found the courage to try it. First, I had to re-blonde the roots. Here is the results of that...
And, hopefully, my highlights will look just as good and I'll share that look next.

If you, by chance, notice my nails, I have a skittles and mani using Cult Nail's 'Hypnotize Me'. That will be tomorrow's blog. Look for another 'teaser' on this company soon. :)

Does anyone remember when we used to call it 'frosting' your hair?

4 comments:

The Peach on August 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM said...

Some great bargins! I can't believe you are highlighting your hair, yourself! Can't wait to see how it turns out! I've scheduled an appointment with my hairdresser for next week. I think I'm going to go red or auburn! Just ready for a change!

And yes, I kind of remembered when highlighting was called frosting! From way back in the day!

Nicole on August 25, 2011 at 2:02 AM said...

Hahaha I DO remember when it was called frosting your hair! It looks great already (you are SO pretty) so I can't wait to see the highlights. I see your skittles!

Hollie on August 25, 2011 at 7:40 AM said...

awesome picks!

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM said...

@Peach I have been a redhead before too. I'm toying with the idea of doing that for the cooler seasons. The only reason I do my own highlighting now is because I don't have a hair stylist here in Florida I trust. My former hair stylist, when I lived in Virginia, did my hair for 7 years!

@Nicole You know I love you!!! Skittles are next. :)

@Hollie Thank you!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates