UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Dude, Where's My Decade?

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dude, Where's My Decade?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/22/2010 08:16:00 PM
There are some colors that just scream to be a 'toes' color.  Or, at least, my toes scream for particular colors.  Purple is one of them. 

Purple is Pink's cousin.  First removed.  My hubs often has flashbacks to the '60's and will just start singing 'Purple Haze.'  Then he fancies off to singing 'Sunshine Superman.'  Yea, he's a dude of the '60's.  You know love beads, early Beatles, Woodstock...you get the picture.

Anyhoo, if I had been trippin' back in the '60's, I bet I would have worn purple flowers in my hair.  But, alas, I started kindergarten instead.  I did like to color with my purple crayon!  Now that I'm all grown up, I still color with purple...
My purple of choice for my toes: Milani's 3D Holographic in 'Hi Res.'  Super glittery.  Totally fun.  It took 3 good coats for this to get funky on my toes.  So if you think you want some purple glitter but not one that will knock your sandals right off you feet, this one is rad.

The solitaire of the polish is pretty smack on as far as the color.  And as you can see, it's still light in shade after 3 coats.  That's OK with me.  I like the softness of this super glittery purple.
Milani has some very cool colors in their Holographic 3D collection.  Or, maybe I should say they are 'groovy.'  There will always be room on the Pink Vanity for Cousin Purple.

Now you'll have to excuse me.  My hippie dippy hubs says his brownies are done.

What color do your toes scream for?  How about purple glitter; got room for it on your vanity?  Do you like brownies?

2 comments:

cucumpear on August 22, 2010 at 10:19 PM said...

I love that shade. It makes me want to grab China Glaze Grape Juice and paint my toesies (and I hate doing pedicures).
I wear any colour that goes on my tips on my toes as well, but reds and electric blues tend to be toenail-only colours.

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 23, 2010 at 8:50 PM said...

I got started using blues on my toes. It was several years before I felt comfortable wearing blue or green on my fingers. Now, you can't hold me back. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates