UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Pink as Cotton Candy from Coney Island

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pink as Cotton Candy from Coney Island

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/15/2010 01:52:00 PM
Before I started nail blogging, I never knew about a lot of the different brands out there.  My scope was very narrow; just those at drugstores and Sally's and the OPI polishes I saw at the nail salon.

With immersing myself into nail blogging world, it opened up a completely new dimension for me.  One of my first outings into 'new to me' polish was American Apparel.  After reading a few reviews and swatches of this brand, I quickly Googled to see if there was an American Apparel store in my city.  Woot!  There was!  Woot!  They were at an outlet mall!  Triple Woot!  It was a mall I had clients in!!!  Since I make my own work schedule, you bet I changed it to go to the outlet mall that following week.

Here's what I ended up with...
Here is 'Coney Island.'  It does look like pink cotton candy!!  Please, please forgive the skill of my manicures.  I am practicing and want to get better at it.  I have lots of blogs I follow who inspire me to step up.
Coney Island is a semi-matte lacquer.  I'm surprised that the brush isn't of better quality.  But since I have usually purchased polishes that have this skinny brush, I'm rather used to it.  The quality of the polish, however, was a WOW to me.  It went on very creamy.  It became opaque with just one coat.  It dried fairly quick too.
Here's the sunny window shot.  I used one coat of base, 2 coats of color, 2 coats of Seche Clear and then a final coat of Seche Vite.  It's that Seche Vite that put the shine into it.
With the sunny outdoors shot, I see my terrible attempt at the cuticle space.  In my defense, this was one of my early attempts of a manicure for my blog.  Someday I hope to look back at these early blog postings and say 'Wow, that's terrible. I'm sooooo glad I do better now!'  But for now I'll just say 'Wow, that's terrible.'  In an attempt to divert your attention, the color in the photo represents the color in real life, if not just a tad darker.

American Apparel has their polishes at $6 or, 3 for $15.  They don't have a TON of different colors.  However, my first attempt in purchasing some left me with leaving without a purchase.  I was overwhelmed by which three I would get.  Since then I have purchased 7 different colors.  And here's pink because, well, pink IS appropriate here, don't you think?

8 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails on August 15, 2010 at 2:04 PM said...

That is one pink polish. Fits very well with your blog name. :)

rebeca.cd on August 15, 2010 at 2:09 PM said...

Lovely colour (^_^)

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Megan Harmeyer on August 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

PINK!! It really does remind me of cotton candy.

Wendi_ThroatPunch on August 15, 2010 at 4:26 PM said...

Perfect pink for summer!

The Peach on August 15, 2010 at 4:51 PM said...

I like that pink! And I'm new to blogging and different brands still. American Apparel is not one I'm real familiar with.

Sarah B. on August 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM said...

love that shade of pink :)

Kate on August 16, 2010 at 1:02 AM said...

That is a beautiful shade of pink!

Gaby Fauchon on August 16, 2010 at 1:32 AM said...

Perfect bubblegum pink (=

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates