UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Found My Silver Lining

Friday, August 27, 2010

I Found My Silver Lining

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/27/2010 08:42:00 PM
My first nail polish was a Sally Hansen's.  I'm sure it was one of my Mom's.  My Mom used to have the most glamorous and long nails.  Gosh, I wish my scanner would work on my printer because I'd love to show you a photo of my mom...her senior photo.  She's simply beautiful.  And I ended up looking like Dad!  No fair!!!

So, Sally's Hansen has a looonngggg history.  And, fortunately, they have kept up with the times.  When the new limited collection of their Complete Salon Manicure came out and, after I snagged all the 'Hidden Treasures' I could find, I got this one next...




This is 'Silver Lining.'  Right off, the photos do not show a true, accurate representation of this polish.  In real life, the sparkles are rich and iridescent in a silver base.  It looks like it could be watery, but it wasn't.  Not quite.
Ah, that's a better photo!  But sadly, I only took one of it as my pedicure.  I have no reason why.  Maybe I just forgot. :/
I'll definitely swatch this one again as a manicure.  It's a new favorite even though it is a lighter color.

And, along with this look, I did a manicure.  Here's a polish that isn't quite so bad for a cheapy, nail supply polish...
This photo shows the orange shimmer in this polish.  It has, what I would label,  a bright coral base.
Not a photo rich blog this time.  I guess I didn't want any overkill on photos, this time.  Hmmmm....

So, I'll wrap up by saying that this brand is 'Cleopatra' and the name of this shimmery coral is 'Reconcilable Indifference.'  That's a fun play on words.  This polish wasn't a total wash-out like other cheapy, nail supply polishes.  It actually did OK with 2 coats.  It's a bit watery but came out to my liking.

And my Mom is still one of the most beautiful women I know.

Have you ever bought a cheap polish that you ended up loving?  Can you actually get the owner of a nail supply shop to sell to you, even without a nail license?

4 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on August 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM said...

Those are great colors! I especially like ID (pink with gold shimmer is almost always a win). I'm pretty impressed with Confetti - great price and the end result looks good. I've never tried to shop anywhere that requires you to have a license.

The Peach on August 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM said...

Glad to know you like Silver Lining. I think I've looked at that color a couple times, but never bought it. Right off the top of my head, Sinful is one of my favorite cheap polishes that has not disappointed me!

And no, I don't tend to shop anywhere that needs a license either! But the girl at my local Sally's that brought the Orly Cosmix collection out from the back for me was awesome!

Maria on August 29, 2010 at 7:04 AM said...

you have a lovely blog!
i follow you
maybe you have time to pass by my blog and follow me too?
thanks!

KarenD on August 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

Love the name of that cheapie! There are two nail supplies I shop at that mostly sell to licensed techs but will also sell to the general public like me. I think the prices for licensed folks are lower, but since nothing is marked, it's hard to know for sure. There are some things that are behind the counter and only techs can get, but it's nothing I want (mostly chemicals for acrylics).

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates