UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Swept Away By Brushes

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Swept Away By Brushes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/10/2010 06:55:00 PM
For kicks and to earn a few bucks, I take online surveys.  Sometimes I can get a pretty nice award.  There's one in particular that likes my reviews and comments.  Probably because I give more than a 'It's nice.'  So, I got a couple of Amazon gift certificates and found what I wanted in a heartbeat....
It's a bundle of joy!  It's a toy for playing makeup!
It's so nice and tidy in this leather bag.  Yet it's weighty.
Ta da!!!  Tons of makeup brushes!!  Yippeee!  I can toss out those stupid, cheapy brushes that come with shadows and as that something 'extra' the companies throw in to make it look like a better 'value.'

There is quite an education to be had here in nail/makeup blog land.  I'm happy to say that I'm glad to be learning more about it.  There are quite a few blogs I fancy and they are leading me to temptation a better understanding of the beauty industry.  One of the things I learned is that Konad isn't the only game in town.  When I read about Monster Bundles, I didn't even think twice before pressing the confirm button on Paypal.



However, what I discovered on my own was that this same company sells a sweet package of makeup brushes.

Look here.  The same folks that brought you more stamping plates than you know what to do with, brings you, now, more brushes than you know what to do with!  34 different brushes!  REAL BRUSHES!!  I wish I had a friend who wastes spends her money on MAC brushes so we could compare.  I'd like to know which of my brushes match MAC numbers. Alas, I'll just have to wait on that.  However, I did NOT wait, too long, before snatching some of these out and putting them to use.

But first, I had to take a photo of the lovely set all tucked away in their pockets.  Nestled in line...with...cat slobbers??!!!!!!!!!
OK, looks like Sebastian wants to play with MY new toy.  But wait, there's more....

Libby stepped away from her vanity to come see what her brother was fawning over.  Are they gaga for the smell of leather?!!

Sebastian actually pawed one out and they both were checking it out.  Probably to see if it was still alive.  Shortly after this photo, I picked up the brushes.  MINE!!!

After a couple of days laying the pouch out across my vanity, my husband finally asked if I planned on hogging up the vanity with this 'thing.'  Hmmm...I thought I already was hogging the vanity.  Never mind.  I did explain that as I used each one I was transferring it into my own brush holder...on the vanity.

To wrap this up, I love, love these brushes.  They are made well, the handles are long, the bristles are firmly tuffed into the barrel.  And the kicker...It was $32; two $15 gift coupons and the whole thing cost me $7 including postage.  Sweet!

Am I the only one that drools over new brushes?  I'm thinking not if you are reading this blog. ;)

8 comments:

The Peach on August 10, 2010 at 7:45 PM said...

Ooohhh....thats a ton of brushes! I haven't bought any new brushes real recently. And I don't have any MAC brushes. I have been buying brushes from adorned with Grace, and have been happy with their brushes!

Phyrra on August 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

Lovely cats!
Nice brushes, too ;)
I love my brushes <3

Recalcitrant Nails on August 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM said...

I would love an arsenal of brushes like yours. And the cats warily playing with them is just funny :D

BLIX on August 11, 2010 at 10:04 AM said...

Nice brushes! That is a lot! One of my cats loves my brushes, so I have to keep them out of reach or I will find her walking down the hallway with one sticking out of her mouth like a long cigarette. It's cute but ew! I have to put that on my eye!

Unknown on August 11, 2010 at 11:21 AM said...

I am a MAC brush addict, over 3 years I have got then all! I know insane! anyways... I recently got the same kit as you have from my granny and was suprised at the face that these are decent brushes! They fall out a bit but meh for the price they are great and soooo soft! Hope you like them too. You should try the elf brushes they are great too!

follow me too :)

rebeca.cd on August 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM said...

What a lot of brushes!
Thank you for commenting on my blog (^_^)

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Unknown on August 11, 2010 at 8:35 PM said...

I've always loved brushes, and that's a FABULOUS set. :) BTW, I saved the link you sent me last week and I've decided to "reward" myself for sticking to my eating plan with new makeup. Now the question will be how MUCH of a reward I deserve? :)

Anonymous said...

The cats look so cute with those brushes. They don't care what or WHO'S they are, they just want to play with them lol.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates