UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Pretty in Pixel Blue

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pretty in Pixel Blue

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/21/2010 09:28:00 PM
The trend of lots of glitter, shimmer and sparkles has me reeling.  I love it!!!

I was shopped with my sister and I asked her if she remembered when we used to make fun of older women trying to look younger.  They would have a young sense of style, they would wear their makeup a bit heavy and more than likely, they would be wearing something shiny or glittery.  My sis gave me a suspicious side-ways look and said "Yeeesss?"  I broke down and cried "I'm one of them!!!!"  To which she exclaimed "Well, I am too!"  I felt better.  Instantly.  Because she's a grandmother and I am not.  Baaahaaahaaa!

Yes.  I will always pick on my younger sister.  She's come to expect it.

I expected to fall for any nail polish hawking a 'High-Def' look.  But I didn't expect Sally Hansen to have so many in their 'High-Definition' collection. 

Here is one I picked, Pixel Pretty....

Shiny as all get-out.  I mean, I can see the sun reflecting off this polish.  It is a little bit watery, so this manicure (why did I have to retype that word twice because I kept typing 'manure'??) needed 3 coats.  I have the regular 2 coats of Seche Clear with the Seche Vite topping it all.
In the sunny window you can see some brush streaks as well as some VNL.  And this is two days of wear so there shows some tip wear.   However, I do love this Pixel Pretty.
So, if you are out and about and you happen to run across a 'mature' woman sporting a 'younger' style, just remember: Karma can come back and get you too.  And watch out for the Freudian slips, as well.

Do you think when you get 'older' that you will dress and style any way you damn well please?  Are you refusing to look like someone's grandma?  Does wearing blue make you happy?

2 comments:

Laynie on August 23, 2010 at 12:53 AM said...

You know what? I love this color, and I don't give a [expletive deleted] whether I'm too old for it or not. I try and dress mostly age-appropriately, but I'm not going to stop wearing tee shirts and jeans just because someone might think I'm too old for them, and I certainly won't stop wearing my kitty shoes because of it!

Life is short. Enjoy it!

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 23, 2010 at 8:54 PM said...

@Laynie I like your attitude! I love fashion and there are some I just really like and what to wear.

I have made some Kat Von D t-shirts and I love them! Now I wish I would have saved all my old concert t-shirts too. They seem to be coming back into vogue!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates