UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: You Better Wash That Look Off Your Face

Sunday, August 1, 2010

You Better Wash That Look Off Your Face

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/01/2010 03:40:00 PM
You might remember me mentioning the African Black Soap I saw at the flea market.  The folks I bought my Shea Butter from was selling it too.  Here's where I wrote the post on the Shea Butter.  Which I am still lovin'.

I could not get the soap out of my mind.  After seeing it at the flea market, I came home and Googled it.  Damn! How did I learn about anything before Google???!!!  After reading info on the soap, I was really lemming for it.

I returned to the market and made a beeline to their booth.  Sweet folks, and they remembered me.  I got this in a deli like container.  This is $5 worth.  Hey, this ain't black!
Here's a link to learn more about how African Black Soap is made: here.

As the photo shows, this soap is actually light brown, like brown sugar.  It is crumbly but molds into a ball very easily.  It has an odor that I don't really care for. I can't really compare it to anything either.  It is definitely the palm oil.

Some of the benefits are: clears up acne and blemishes; relieves rashes, itching, dry and scaly skin; cleans the skin making it fresh and clean; good for eczema, fungus, ringworm, acne and body odor.  I also found out that you can wash your hair with it but, as I found with my skin, you more than likely will need a good, hydrating conditioner afterwards.
I scooped up some and formed it into a ball.  I took a shower using it as well as washed my face.  I was squeaky clean.  The odor didn't linger on my skin either.  I did use it a couple of times to wash my hair and it felt very, very clean.  I made sure to use a good, thick conditioner, as my hair tangles really easily.

This is not meant to be a brag, however, my skin is damn near perfect.  I rarely get any zits, didn't have them as a teenager, and my skin is very smooth with no dry patches or overly oily spots.  People better not be blowing smoke at me, but no one is able to guess my age, usually thinking I'm 10 years younger than my real age.  I do owe this to good skin care and good genes. 

So, what African Black Soap does for me is clean my face like nobody's business.  No type of residue and a totally fresh, clean feel.  I always do follow a wash with moisturizer and using the soap is no exception.  African Black Soap washes away the skin's oil, as does most cleansers for me, so moisturizing is necessary.  And I didn't have to use a separate product to wash off my makeup.  The soap took care of that.
My skin can be a bit sensitive to products.  But this was not an issue at all here.  There was just this feeling of super clean.

Recommendation:  Great stuff!  May not be for everyone, I'm sure.  But it's a go for me.

1 comments:

The Peach on August 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM said...

I love African black soap! I bought some from Coastal Scents last time I placed an order. I don't use it every day, I tend to use body wash. However, I work outside and end up with poison oak on a regular basis. This soap works amazing on clearing up my poison oak rashes! I agree, great stuff!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates