UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Bad Boy Blues

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bad Boy Blues

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/12/2010 06:51:00 PM
In my last post here, I mentioned my dear high school boyfriend.  Today, I'm going to talk about the 'bad boys.'

After leaving the clutches of my parents, I let all hell break loose.  I partied, I drank and I hung out with 'bad boys.'  It wasn't because I really liked them.  I think it was just to be defiant.  Not one of those bad boys liked me for who I was.  They were not interested in cultivating a relationship.  In case you wonder, I saw the light and got away from that.  It is all out of my system, thankfully.

Yet, there are some things that you want to try out, you want to experiment with.  And experimenting with nail polish is a 'safe' hobby.  Albeit, not for my wallet!  This is Nina's Ultra Pro 'Babi Blue.'

I don't feel 'Babi Blue' is coming through for me.  This is 3 coats and still VNL.  Gosh, and it looked so inviting and fun in the bottle.  But when I took Babi Blue home, it just...um....didn't perform.  And I don't even know how to pronounce 'Babi'....Bay-bee???  Bah-bye???  Ah!  I like Bah-bye; that fits!!!


Nina's polishes are almost always watery.  It can take 3 or more coats to get opaque.  Maybe that's the premise of this brand; to be sheer.  And yesterday I was at Sally's, where I got this one, and I alllllmost bought another Nina's but in green.  I remembered this experience and passed.  I felt burnt by the first encounter.




Eeeeeee!  This is a shallow relationship, indeed!  Let's see if I can clean this up.
I went looking for a not so white cream and I found it.  This is Avon's Nailwear 'Salma's Hope.'  This came from an Avon collection for Breast Cancer Awareness.  I put it on first and then topped it off with Babi Blue...


Hey, that Nina's was on clearance = cheap!  All the warning signs were there!  And Selma's Hope didn't have much hope on this mani.  With 2 coats of Selma's Hope and 2 coats of Babi Blue, I decided that this relationship was requiring too much work.
The only thing I didn't think of was to put some 'Hidden Treasure' on this.  That might have been a saving grace.  But I had broken off the relationship before I thought of that.  This mani was quickly replaced with a better one.

It seemed to be fun at the time, but it was dangerous to hang out with bad guys.  And no matter what anyone told me, I was going to do what I wanted.  Maybe television has influenced us too much.  We see a nice woman meeting a bad boy and changing him into a sweetie, next thing they are living happily ever after.  In retrospect, I know that this very, very rarely happens.  Bad boys are bad news. 

Happily, bad manicures and colors can be fixed and remedied in one day!

Have you had to break up with a nail polish?  No saving grace for it?  They go into the franken stock, don't they?

5 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on August 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM said...

I'm usually pretty disappointed with Nina. I have one color of theirs that I like (can't remember the name now). I've had to break up with ChG Blue Sparrow. Soooo pretty in the bottle but horrible when worn.

Unknown on August 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM said...

That's disappointing, cause it's so pretty in the bottle!!!!!

DesertNails8 on August 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM said...

I love those watery colors, too! Unfortunately, they usually look great in the bottle but I can't use them on my nails. I have had great luck with other Nina Ultra Pro colors, such as: their whole velvet series (it's awesome), In A Tiff (looks better on my skin tones than ChG For Audrey), and Fucshia Rage. Oh and I recently bought their whole series, don't know the name but it just came out here, and has the basic colors that are great for nail art. Oh, and I try to return those watery polishes right away so I can get my money back. Best wishes!!

ABOP Laquerlove on August 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM said...

Oh no, don't break up with Nina! I love all the ones I've bought so far, and they are fully opaque in two coats. Hmmm... Maybe that's because I only buy the cremes...

Taki J on August 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM said...

I have the Babi Blue to.. even after 5-6 coats it is still very sheer. Who has time for that!!!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates