UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Black with Magic Sparkles

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Black with Magic Sparkles

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/03/2010 05:50:00 PM
From Wet'nWild's Megalast collection: Blackmail...
This is right after I broke my ring finger nail...past the quick.  Ugh.  So I cut the others to match.  But what a freak my thumb looks!  Well, here it is...warts and all.

Blackmail is a black that has minuscule glitter in teal and orangy-pink.  Little squaty bottle with a stubby brush.  The brush itself is fine, it's the neck that's stubby.

Polished up great after 2 coats.  First coat didn't give me any promises though.  Very watery.

Then I realized, I might have a dupe on hand!  So I got out Sally Hansen's 'Midnight in NY' from the Complete Salon Manicure collection.  I removed the polish from my index and ring finger to compare...
Can't tell the difference here...


Ahhh...at last a photo showing you the colors in the bottles.  It seems that the WNW has more glitter.  However, on my nails, I tried and tried to see a difference.  So, I'm putting my neck out and saying they are a dupe, color-wise.

The Midnight in NY applied evenly and gave a better 1-coat polish.  I still did 2 coats, however, as 1 coat wasn't quite perfect.  Both have 1 coat of Seche Clear and Seche Vite.

Any experiences with either of these?  Do they look like dupes to you?

4 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on August 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM said...

They look pretty darn near dupes to me! I don't have either of those but I might try to find WnW given the insane price of SH.

The Peach on August 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM said...

Yep, looks like a dupe! I like that color!

Bec on August 4, 2010 at 8:10 AM said...

That nail looks like it would have hurt coming off. I am a great big sook when it comes to breaking nails. I tear up all the time.
As for the colour - fabulous and they look fairly dupey to me.

Bec

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 4, 2010 at 11:04 PM said...

Bec~it broke to the quick but not to the point of bleeding. :/ I think my ego gets bruised more when I break a nail. But I cut them off rather than babying them like I did years ago.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates