UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Thank You for the 'Please Stand By' Moment

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thank You for the 'Please Stand By' Moment

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/26/2010 07:34:00 PM
Are you old enough to remember when television stations would either lose their reception or would go off the air after midnight?  They would have this 'test pattern' on the screen or, if they were finished with the shows, play the National Anthem.  This was WAY before cable TV!

If I would have had a photo of that test pattern, I would have had it up on my blog for the past couple of days.  My comment section was messed up.  And all I wanted to do was change templates. :/

Thanks to fiverr.com I got the problem solved for...you guessed it....FIVE BUCKS!!!!

My hubs has been telling me about this site for months.  I like to 'fix' stuff myself, when I can.  But this comment thingy was over my head.  Does anyone really know HTML???  Obviously I don't.  But hey, why would I need to learn it when I can spend a fortune, of $5, to have someone else do the dirty work!!

A very special thank you to my dear followers who took the time to email me a heads up.   It's very sweet to know that there are some makeup sisters looking out for me. :)

Take it from Libby; when life gets you frazzled, NAP!

5 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on August 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM said...

Awww...kitteh! I'm glad you were able to get things back up and running again. I may be a young pup, but I still remember the TV stations going offline (a modern term to describe an antequated system) after midnight. LOL My word verification was pantsme LOL

Phyrra on August 26, 2010 at 8:23 PM said...

Kitteh is cute!

jbrobeck on August 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

my comment system is messing up too, but i am not sure if it is messing up or if blogger is messing up!!!! what did you use that is $5? *nosy*

The Peach on August 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM said...

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. I repeat this is only a test..... BEEEEEEEEEEEP! :)

Just posting a comment to make sure it is working for me! I was going to email you to let you know that I couldn't post a comment the other day, but I never got around to looking up your email address. I'm glad others did!

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM said...

@Megan glad the word wasn't 'depantsme' lol

@Phyrra thank you! she loves to have her belly rubbed when she's on her back like that. And it makes her snore. lol

@jbrobeck check out fiverr.com you can get almost anything done for $5. It's fun just to surf there.

@The Peach I needed a soundbyte on that, didn't I? heee heee

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates