UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: He's a Real Wild One

Saturday, August 7, 2010

He's a Real Wild One

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/07/2010 08:08:00 PM
One of my favorite makeup companies is Wet 'N Wild.  There is also a theme park here in Orlando by that name.  I need a friend to go there with me.  My husband claims ear problems to keep him off any rides that include water.  *ok, then*

Wet 'N Wild..yes!  A makeup company that does get into the wild side.  Here's a 'new' polish color I found...
This is 'Night Prowl' from their Wild Shine collection. Dark purple and glitter? I'm in nail goth heaven!!
Dark and vampy, this polish was beautiful after 2 coats.  As with my regular regimen, the finishing touch with Seche Vite solidifies this look.  It is a bit weak if I go too thin but with a thicker coat, it will cover nicely.  The square bottle makes it easy to hold.  But the long, thin brush takes some skill. 

I've waited a very long time for very dark polishes to be mainstream.  Even before I knew it was called 'franken,' I was taking black polish and mixing drops into blood red polish making my own favorite color.  No need to make my own!

The outdoors photos showcase that magenta microglitter quite well.  The glitter is in a very deep purple base color.  It reminds me of dark purple crushed velvet.
Oooh!  A pretty photo of 'Night Prowl.'
This guy showed up on the patio step.  I could barely hear him.  He was squeaking about insurance or something.  I couldn't get the accent.

(yes, I know it's a chameleon and not a gecko.)

Have you always like dark, vampy colors or is it a new color for you?  Do you like the bold colors that Wet 'N Wild has?  Would you buy insurance from a....lizard?

6 comments:

The Peach on August 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM said...

Ohhh....pretty polish!

Hahaha! I needed a good laugh! I hate it when the gecko shows up and starts talking about insurance! :)

jbrobeck on August 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM said...

oh i love the gecko! and i will be happy to go to wet 'n wild with you. anytime!

Megan Harmeyer on August 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM said...

LOL The gecko comment made me laugh. That's a pretty color - I think I'm going to go dig up some dark purple now. :)

Phyrra on August 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM said...

That color is awesome!

pelininstyle on August 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM said...

That's beautiful.
I also like Eyeko cosmic Polish which looks kind of like this one. But this one is purple based if i'm not wrong:)
http://pelininstyleenglish.blogspot.com/

Recalcitrant Nails on August 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM said...

I do love this color. I'm glad I own it. Nothing beats something so intense for 99 cents. And the gecko is just awesome.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates