UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Claire's Green and Gold Flakie Polish

Monday, March 14, 2011

Claire's Green and Gold Flakie Polish

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/14/2011 06:53:00 PM
There are not any nail bloggers I follow that do not like flakies...
I found a little set of flakies on clearance at Claire's.  Ohhh, I almost missed out on them.  This was the last one.
So, this is a continuation of my green Heaven post from earlier.  I used the green flakie over that mani...

and got this...
The flakes are gold and green.  They seem to be a bit bashful.  They are on there but, just don't show up in the super-bright sunlight.
I have on two coats as I was trying to get the larger flakes to adhere.  They are on there, just very sparse.  And this polish is rather thick.  Hey, I don't care!  It's still really pretty and just because it doesn't photo well doesn't make it a loser. :)
So here I have the original polish, Heaven's 'Too Turquoise', then China Glaze's 'Matte' polish, and now I have Claire's Flakie glitter on.  I have no idea why I stopped there; I still could have applied OPI's 'Black Shatter.'  Overkill....yea, I know.

Are you able to get at least a tiny sense of the flakies on this mani?  Do you like using flakie polish?

8 comments:

KittenMittens on March 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM said...

Ahhh!!!! I didn't know about these! I'm gonna have to stalk my stores better!

Elizabeth Life and Polish on March 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM said...

You could have done black shatter, then CG Crackle Concrete or Lightning Bolt...and more matte...omg overload, am I insane?

Gaby Fauchon on March 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM said...

Aww super cute! Love the sunny outdoor pictures x

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM said...

@KittenMittens I sure didn't see them before they went on clearance!

@elizabeth Overlay overload! Maybe I'll have to try that just for kicks? ;P

@G A B Y Thanks, doll! :)

MissMidnightBlue on March 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM said...

Pretty! I forgot about these.

Anonymous said...

On clearance?! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Christine on March 15, 2011 at 5:10 AM said...

these are really cute, love the Pink and Green color :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM said...

@MissMidnight I didn't know they were out there, or, if I did, I didn't pay any attention. I'm glad it got it when I did.

@kittypolishnbags Yep, one of my favorite words: clearance ;)

@Christine Yep. I'm looking forward to trying out some more looks with them. I just wish those flakes wouldn't be so...well, flaky!!! ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates